PA license-Mailed option

Kyle

Kyle

2 weeks ago i bought my license and opted to have it mailed to my home. i still have not recieved it. i remember last year was pretty quick and i had before jan 1st. anyone else having a delay with their license being mailed to them?

i have my confirmation number in my email and proof that i purchased a 2023 PA fishing license, trout permit, and button. would that be enough proof to allow me to fish in PA. or does the game wardens want the physical copy on you?

i guess i could wait but hoping to fish on monday since i have the day off.

I still don’t have much faith in the whole PFBC online system for buying a license. I still just go to the local Mennonite hardware store and buy it. I like walking out the door with it in my hand.

If you bought it online why didn't you just print it off your computer? Save the pdf file and print several copies in case you lose one fishing.
Dear Salvelinus,

That is exactly what I do when I purchase my multi-year licenses on-line. I print about 5 copies and save the PDF file. So far, I haven't managed to lose them all!

And I'll be the contrarian on this thread and say that I haven't physically purchased a license, a boat registration, or a launch permit in person for over 5 years. I have done everything on-line and have never had an issue.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I did away with all the license drama and got my Senior Lifetime License, with trout stamps. It's one of the very few perks of getting old.

I keep a digital copy of all of my licenses on my phone. It’s typically a pdf from when I bought it. I store them in my notes app. These days, it has to be good enough if you are asked for proof.

I did away with all the license drama and got my Senior Lifetime License, with trout stamps. It's one of the very few perks of getting old.
I’d pay $250 for a lifetime license this year, but I’m only 57 years old … just a youngster. 😉

If you bought it online why didn't you just print it off your computer? Save the pdf file and print several copies in case you lose one fishing.
im young and not tech savy. i dont have a printer. as young as i am, im still old school and normally buy licenses in person. last year was my first year buying online and it was nice. for some reason this year its being delayed.

Sorry I assumed you had a printer. The way the mail service is lately I hope you get it soon. I subscribe to the USPS daily notification about what mail we are to receive. Trouble is, half the time we never get it, then days later we get several days worth at once. Lots of people are experiencing this. That and the PFBC being a state entity, enough said. The last few times I bought a license button it took over a month to get it.

2 weeks ago i bought my license and opted to have it mailed to my home. i still have not recieved it. i remember last year was pretty quick and i had before jan 1st. anyone else having a delay with their license being mailed to them?

i have my confirmation number in my email and proof that i purchased a 2023 PA fishing license, trout permit, and button. would that be enough proof to allow me to fish in PA. or does the game wardens want the physical copy on you?

Kyle:

You may have received it by now but if you set up an account with HuntFishPA.gov when you purchased your license you can log in and do a reprint of the license you purchased.

If you have a friend with a computer & printer, log on their machine and print it there or save it as a PDF on a flash drive and head to a Staples or Office Max and print it there.

I realize you said you are not tech savvy but there are also apps you can have in a smart phone and print it directly from that at Staples or just store it in your phone which is 100% legal in PA.

Good luck and good fishing!!

I wouldn't give you even 5 seconds grief in the above situation. I would hope any other WCO or DWCO would have the same attitude. Worst case you would be issued an NOV ("Notice of Violation"). In that case you would mail a copy of your license (or proof) to the issuing officer and you are then excused for not having a copy on your person.

I bought my license at the local hardware store in Lititz in early December. I am still waiting to receive the button.

I agree with the online and print option. That's what I've been doing. Just buy it and print it off on boring white printer paper..

Last time I ordered the button it took quite a while.

The buttons come from a third party provider and are estimated to take 4 - 6 weeks. I ordered mine on the 5th of December and still haven't received them... :unsure:

Back