PA boat ramps and lauch sites

wbranch

wbranch

I saw someplace that many (all) PA state parks have been closed. Does anyone know if PFBC ramps and launch sites have been closed?

My local pfbc ramp on the Delaware river is still open. I guess that could change but right now it is still open.

wbranch wrote:
I saw someplace that many (all) PA state parks have been closed. Does anyone know if PFBC ramps and launch sites have been closed?

I posted this in another thread. Boat launches and fishing is still open in PA State Parks. Also PFBC boat launches are still open.

Attachments

• SP PA.jpg
    SP PA.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
Interesting that the DCNR poster says ..."and fishing still open" but the Fish Commission issued a statement that no fishing is allowed in any trout stocked waters.

That eliminates a lot of fishing waters.

Steeltrap wrote:
Interesting that the DCNR poster says ..."and fishing still open" but the Fish Commission issued a statement that no fishing is allowed in any trout stocked waters.

That eliminates a lot of fishing waters.

There's no fishing in stocked waters from March 1st until the season opener (April 18th this year). That rule is the same as it's been every year.

Thank you for that information.

If you're thinking about taking your drift boat out, think about this...

You're not 6 feet away from anyone in your boat, unless you're alone. If you share rowing duties with the others in your boat like I do, how do you know you or them are not an asymptomatic carrier? It's cool & breezy out often right now, what about people rowing, wiping their nose on their sleeve or hand then grabbing your oar handles, then you using them? Then covid getting transmitted to each other, then taking it home to your families? Let's say the odds of the above scenario actually happening are slim. I can only speak for myself, but, I do not want to even have the possibility of a buddy's asthmatic daughter or high blood pressure wife getting this crap because I wanted to get out in the drifter for one day on my conscience. Does anyone? Think about it.

If anyone's going solo in their boats, who is running your shuttle? Are they covid free? How do you know? You don't.

That is why my drift boat is going to remain parked. My buddies can beg if they want, it ain't going out until I'm comfortable.

Us kayak guys have been practicing social distancing for years , if they close the ramps we shall launch from the banks .

Attachments

• 18687B8C-8BF8-4D84-B3D4-B1B3C37C44BF.jpeg
    18687B8C-8BF8-4D84-B3D4-B1B3C37C44BF.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 3
I for one am particularly pleased that I have been taking my wife and daughter along with me in the drift boat for years, now. I plan on taking advantage of the Upper Delaware later in the month and having my wife drive her car up with me in the truck with the boat, and her car can be our shuttle. Otherwise, what D-nymph says is dead-on. Until it occurred to me to have my wife with me, I didn't know who to trust with regard to a shuttle. I mean, better than half the folks who fish that area are NY folks and NYC in particular.

Fredrick wrote;

Us kayak guys have been practicing social distancing for years , if they close the ramps we shall launch from the banks .

That's fine. Just remember to take out along the bank somewhere unless you have you Use Permit decal on your craft to take out at a PFBC ramp.

D-nymph wrote;

You're not 6 feet away from anyone in your boat, unless you're alone

I would be alone and I don't really need a shuttle. I have a 55# electric motor on my drift boat. Many times I have put in at various launch sites, motored up and down a long pool, fished all day and taken out where I put in. No problem and no social contact.

Back