Orvis wonderline gen. 3 sale

PACOFRANSICO

PACOFRANSICO

I useally dont do this but I found a good deal on orvis gen3 dt fly line. I was really impressed with it when I was castin my inlaws z-axis 5wt. in his yard. All 3wt. to 8wt. double taper lines are 12$. They must be redesgning the tapers to be pushin them like this.

wonderline gen. 3 "DT"

I wonder if this is a pricing mistake? That is a good deal.

thanks for the tip. i just placed an order!

Just placed an order for a new DT for my 3wt. Thanks for posting the link!

Recieved the line today. I thought double taper lines had two useable ends. This line has a tag on it indicating this end to reel. The diagram on the back of the spool shows only one tip end and the other end is noted as 9 ft. or running line. looks more like a weight forward line than a double taper But at $12.00 you can't go wrong. I guess I will use it anyway.

got mine today! stoked to get great line at a great price. i'm stocked up for a while!

Got a similar dead a few years ago on a WF clear intermediate. pays to check in now and then. good find.

Got my 3 lines today also 4,6,8 wt. They are not a wf line. The tip is 1ft, front taper 6ft, belly 68ft, rear taper 6ft, with 9ft of running line at the end. You can fashion a loop outta the running line and the switch end for end with no problems. You just have to cut a little running line off first.

And I just missed the sale on there gen3 spey lines had'em on sale for 19$.

I wonder if that price for the DT line was a mistake. If you cliick the link now the price is $69. And I tried to search for it on the Orvis website and you cannot find it at $12. Glad I got my 3wt and 5wt today. Wish I bought more.

I checked again as well and found the same result, $69. I believe that they did the same thing when they changed the welded loop on the Wonderline but I don't recall it being that cheap. Wish I had bought a 4wt line as well.

PACOFRANSICO wrote:
And I just missed the sale on there gen3 spey lines had'em on sale for 19$.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=94H1ps&dir_id=758&group_id=10657&cat_id=5402&subcat_id=6008

Still on sale.

Unfortunatly, only the biggest weights are still available.

I picked up a new 6wt and 5wt = got them today

Thanks for the post

darn im sorry i missed this

F ORVIS

littlelehigh wrote:
F ORVIS

No, just the Lehigh Valley non-affiliated shop, but the brand is actually pretty nifty.

I'm pretty happy with the 1wt Wonderline I have, actually. I don't remember which one I've got, there's two different tapers.

FWIW, I can't complain about anything I own that says Orvis on it, the only downside I can tell is I lose street cred for using it, but gain tweed cred.

I have said it plenty of times before, I don't understand the Orvis hate. Their stuff is not overly expensive, they have a great return policy and stand behind their stuff (at least stuff that come from VT or Downingtown). I have a few BLA reels and they are perfect as long as I don't jam them in sand. They don't like being jammed in sand. The only thing I had a problem with was a pair of waders, that I did not like and planned on selling on ebay (sizing issue). Stated online that they did not run true to size and they called me up to return my money.

Back