Orvis to the rescue.

C

Canoetripper

Rod tip repair. I once backed over an Orvis fly rod in my ford F-150 and broke it. That was 100% my fault. Orvis tried to repair the unrepairable and sent me a new upgraded fly rod since what I broke was unrepairable, and a discontinued fly rod.

I doubt that Orvis ever heard the story that I just told them. My fly rod tip is broken in five places on my older Recon 9' 5 wt. 100% my fault.

I hire these Amish women to clean my town home, and they do a great job. Too good. They really didn't have to vacuum in the bedroom where I leave my fly rods, but they want to do a good job.

As many of you regular readers of my posts know, I really love my www.denveroutfitters.com roof rack. I never let all of my fly rods store in there though since summer heat is a fly line enemy.

You can imagine what happened when my in house vacuum sucked up the leader hanging over the bed.

The Amish women felt terrible, but it wasn't their fault. It was mine. They were impressed with how clean I keep that vacuum and how good the suction is, and I am sure that Orvis will be as well.

Since this is an older fly rod, I have to send the complete rod and tube back to Orvis. I understand that.

Again, this is 100% my fault.

There is always a story attached to broken fly rods...Is there any repair fee? I know even the warranty repairs often have a fee attached? I forget what the Orvis policy is. I have a rod sent in to Winston right now to be repaired. I really hope it can be repaired rather than replaced because I am not a fan of any of the newer rods I have tested.

I know that I have to pay some kind of a fee. Orvis has been pretty good to me with my two other rods that I broke.

Back