Orvis Superfine Glass

ratgunner

ratgunner

Anyone else loving these rods ? I've had the 805 since the first year they came out. Caught my biggest wild brown on it. It's a great all around rod for most PA streams. Today the 703 arrived and it's as new with warranty card. Can't wait to try it out. Maybe this weekend I'll get out to fish. Just been tying and going over equipment. Cabin fever is setting in. ????

Yeah I have the 703 very nice rod. I've caught hundreds of brookies with it. It's also great for pond fishin

Thinking about selling my 764 if anyone wants to make an offer. It's in excellent shape, I just have to pick my battles and ultimately prefer a different rod in my quiver that covers the same water.

Then give the 795 Helios a try I've not yet been disappointed in the versatility of this rod. This rod covers it all for me. It's small enough to fish smaller waters and large enough to throw a good size streamer. Works great throwing nymphs in smaller water because you have that extra reach to keep the line off the water. I always had the idea that smaller was better for small streams but I'd rather have that extra reach.

I fish the 866. It is so fun for warm water - creek bass, big panfish, carp, etc. I've also used it for bigger dries up in Maine for landlocked salmon and on the Delaware for trout.

It is such a smooth casting rod. I found myself trying to squeeze it into all sorts of situations.

Yeah I have the 703 very nice rod. I've caught hundreds of brookies with it. It's also great for pond fishin
me too, love that rod.

I also have the 703...is so much fun I thought about changing up all my rods to glass. It seems that the larger weights need a bit more room to cast though so now I'm looking at a 4wt recon or h2.

How do you thing an 805 would compare with a 4wt recon/h2? Good rod to handle penns, spring and other pa streams? I imagine you would feel the fight more than the graphite rods.

I can't compare since Ive never fished a recon/h2

Back