Orvis Sitewide Sales - If Any?

Swattie87

Swattie87

I don't typically shop Orvis for a lot of gear, but I think I've landed on their Clearwater Wading Boots as my next boot purchase.

Most of my fishing is small stream/hiking type fishing, and I just wear oversized hiking boots over my wader booties for that. You're walking far more out of the stream than in, and I'm willing to make the in the water traction trade-off that comes with those, in exchange for the all day, long mileage, hiking comfort.

I usually have a second pair of traditional wading boots for bigger streams/rivers where you're in the water more, and there's a more significant need for in the water traction, and the additional protection for your feet traditional wading boots offer. When my last pair wore out last year, I didn't replace them immediately and have just been using my hiking pair for everything. After an especially slippery day on the Little Skuke last weekend, I decided it's time to get the new big stream pair.

Anyway, I know LLBean and Cabelas sale patterns at this point, but I don't know Orvis's. Do they offer a sitewide 20% discount at varying points throughout the year for a few days? If so, generally when?

Not sure if this is accurate, but I don't think I've ever seen their wading gear on sale. If it does go on sale, I imagine its at season end. Most of their coupons exclude fishing and wading gear anyways. The only discounts I've gotten at Orvis are coupons for apparel, or my buddy who works there buys something for me with his employee discount if I twist his arm enough...

I would check their sale section on their website, but most of their stuff only makes it to sale when there are only obscure sizes left, its the end of season, or its an unpopular item that just hasn't sold well to the public.

I get emails from Orvis all the time advertising sales (in the online sales dept)and others. Their site is a pain the browse. When I click or go to sale items from the email it puts you where there might be sales mixed in with regular prices. I don't bother anymore and just delete their emails. Not too much Orvis stuff I am interested in.

They currently have free shipping on most fishing gear. In fact, I just ordered 10 spools of tippet for $7.00. I imagine the tippet is close to "expiring" or they changed the packaging.

They have a new ultralight wading boot that sounds like it would be right up your alley

Thanks everyone. My general sense was the same on sales, but not being a regular to Orvis I appreciate the insight.

jacob - Even UL wading boots are too stiff and rigid in my preference for the type of fishing I mainly do. I’ve bought and worn out several UL wading boot pairs from different manufacturers with only meh comfort satisfaction before going to the oversized hikers. (They’re better than normal wading boots for lots of hiking though.) I might as well more accurately just call what I do hiking in waders with a fishing rod.

When I’m fishing in a big stream, I want the opposite...stiff, heavy, supportive, and lots of protection. I’m certain the solution for me is two different boots for the two different applications.

Lightweight waders / boots = less durability but maybe more comfort

Back