Orvis Silver Sonic Waders

M

mario66pens

I own the silver sonics, I love them except the gravel guards are utterly useless for me. They ride up to the top of my boots in a matter of minutes. Any advice to stop this?

mario: Don't they have the metal hook to attach to your boot lace? I've had several pair of Orvis waders, and they all had the lace hook.

Hi Brian - I've got a pair of Silver Sonics, but I haven't even taken them out of the box yet. :roll:

Fox has 'em too, and he put a split ring (like a key ring) on his boot laces, then hooks the hook on the gravel guard to that. Seems to work well for him.

I'd look for a brass split ring though, so it doesn't rust.

I have the Silver Sonics and love them but Ive never had a problem with the gravel guards.

The only issue I had with the SS gravel guards was that the stitching around the elastic came out on one side. Orvis repalced them without questions. I've never had them ride up and yes, they do have a clip or at least they should.

Thanks guys, I do use the clip and I attach it on the bottom most lace. Perhaps the boots just disagree with the waders?

I told orvis about the problem and they think it has to do something with my anatomy, but they're giving me cheap upgrade to the top end guide waders, so I'm happy.

gravel guards do not need to be hooked on the very bottom of the laces, just hook them to the top off foot (arch) area. gravel guards are made to keep debris from entering at the top not along the laces.

yeah, what sandfly said - i don't think my hooks would reach the bottom lace - i have size 12 feet...

i just hook em in the first lace on flat of my foot.

tbh having had previous orvis, loop, and redington waders so far, these ones have stood up the best - three seasons in and no rips, tears or leaks, and bear in mind i salt fly fish in em too.

mario66pens wrote:
I own the silver sonics, I love them except the gravel guards are utterly useless for me. They ride up to the top of my boots in a matter of minutes. Any advice to stop this?

If duct tape doesn't work, then try this.

Attachments

• imagesCA9MSBM5.jpg
    imagesCA9MSBM5.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 4
Giggle,giggle.

Yeah got the pro guides and the same issue occurs, it didn't for the simms rentals though. My body just hates orvis waders.

I have the orvis sonics and pros. I do not have issues with the gravel guard. These are 5 and 4 yrs old, respectively. No leaks or tears or seepage thru the booties.

Back