Orvis Side Zip Ecotrax Studded Boots

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Do any of our members have experience with these boots?

Attachments

• 2E0CSF10[1].jpg
    2E0CSF10[1].jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 13
Not a big fan of orvis boots, but thats me. I think those are new, so not sure how many people may have had the time to really evaluate. If you're wondering about the zipper, I really don't see the big benefit, you'd still have to loosen and tighten the laces when putting them on - taking off I see the benefit. As far as the studs - again, not a big fan of screwing them into the sole. I've had some simms that required that and the screws fall out usually sooner than later. If the price is right, by all means get them otherwise I'd go with embedded studs.

I have a pair, think this is my forth year, I have had no problems with, good pair of boots. With my bad back they are very easy to get on and off. I give them Aplus. Orvis had them on sall earlier, not sure if it's still on!

PaulG

Their "Brougue" side zips are on sale for $89 but no sizes above 9. I think Orvis is discontinuing this line. I have rubber soled Cabella boots but find I slip to much in free stone streams. PS for your back I cannot recommend more Cabella's low back support belt. It adds hours to my time on the stream and serves as a cinch belt at the same time. I remember reading Eric Clapton's biography when he told of almost drowning when he fell in a stream and his waders weren't cinched. So I make sure I'm cinched. PS Another good thing for your back IMHO is Cabella's collapsible wading staff.

Fadeaway
I have been thinking about getting one of those support belts, thanks for the reminder, I'll check it out!

PaulG

If you're wondering about the zipper, I really don't see the big benefit, you'd still have to loosen and tighten the laces when putting them on - taking off I see the benefit.

I have the studded felt brogues and haven't touched or adjusted the laces in three years. I really like mine and the studs lasted two years, and then I screwed in my own studs from a hardware store and the boots seem as good as new.

That is the new boot that replaced the brouge there are not as high as the older model but still a very nice boot! If I were you I would check out the new river guard ultra lites we got a few pairs here at the shop and they are really nice!

Thanks Alpa but I am really interested in the side zipper boot. My friend the Englishprof slips in and out of his while I sit on my collapsible stool and grunt and grown especially when taking the boots off. Of course if I wasn't 59 and overweight it probably wouldn't be an issue!

fadeaway263 wrote:
PS for your back I cannot recommend more Cabella's low back support belt. It adds hours to my time on the stream and serves as a cinch belt at the same time.

FWIW, I looked at alot of belts... I'm a big boy, and I've got wicked lower back pain from carrying it all around.

It was hard finding a size that fit me. I really wanted the Simms backsaver, as it's got the widest support, but it just didn't wrap around me. Turns out the Fishpond belt is wider than the Cabela's/Hodgman belt, but smaller than the good Simms. On the other hand, its large enough to work for me, and that stylish jacquard let's everyone know who's a fashionable sport. :)

So, what I'm getting at is if you're too round for the Simms, look at the Fishpond.

Back