Orvis Outlet Store Lancaster, PA

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Has anyone gone to this store and does it have fly gear or just dog beds?

They do have quite a few flyrods and assorted fly gear. Our Tim Robinson works there and he has been beefing up the fly section.

They also have dog beds.

Am I permitted to bring my dog in to try the beds?

K2,

the answer is…"Dogs are Welcome!"

Here is the site/contact info:
http://www.orvis.com/s/outlet-stores-lancaster-pa/10497

also, dog specific:
http://www.orvis.com/dog-products

Dogs are welcomed!

Currently we have over 100 fly rods ranging from 6' 2wt superfine touch all the way to 9' 12wt Helios. We also have reels and terminal tackle including leaders and tippet. This covers a range from intro rods to our new H2's

We are a true outlet so our selection consists of overstock, clearance, and a few catalog return items.

I am very proud of our store and we work hard to maintain a good selection of equipment. While we may not always have what you are looking for, we are more than happy to help you with whatever needs you may have. Everything is backed by the Orvis 100% satisfaction guarantee. Which means if you are unhappy with your purchase we give you your money back no questions asked.

Stop down and see us! I love to get out of the store to cast rods, better than stacking all those dog beds!

Excellent Tim! I am glad I was curious...I will head over sometime soon.

I learned my lesson with Kramer in a fly shop.... Dennis at Catskill Flies said "good looking dog bring him in here". 2 minutes later, the dog wrapped around a rod display taking down over a dozen z-axis and tcx rods. Luckily, none broke. When I stop now, Dennis will pet him through the car window.LMAO

Kramer is welcomed in our store....so are you Andy, LOL.

Tim thanks for the tour today...great bed selection. The fly gear was cool too! Nice selection. I will come back with more money next time. Was eye-balling that vice for $99.

Any nice 2-3 wts in stock on clearance?

Longbow, call the store, check the links above

Long bow call the store, we have several. I am in monday night

How about a special discount for those of us on the site?

Good idea ^ ;)

TimRobinsin wrote:
Dogs are welcomed!

Currently we have over 100 fly rods ranging from 6' 2wt superfine touch all the way to 9' 12wt Helios. We also have reels and terminal tackle including leaders and tippet. This covers a range from intro rods to our new H2's

We are a true outlet so our selection consists of overstock, clearance, and a few catalog return items.

I am very proud of our store and we work hard to maintain a good selection of equipment. While we may not always have what you are looking for, we are more than happy to help you with whatever needs you may have. Everything is backed by the Orvis 100% satisfaction guarantee. Which means if you are unhappy with your purchase we give you your money back no questions asked.

Stop down and see us! I love to get out of the store to cast rods, better than stacking all those dog beds!

They have a ton of dog beds too!

I think Tim's point about this being an outlet store should be taken to heart. It's an outlet store in the middle of PA Dutch Country (where a full blown fly shop has not and could not survive). They have a lot for what the store is. I was fortunate enough to find what I needed yesterday, but I count that as a bonus when I go in there. You don't go into an outlet store with a dire need and then act disappointed when they don't have it. See TR's definition of an outlet store. Some people gotta check their 'tudes and reevaluate their expectations.

I'm thinking about making the trip to the store but was wondering what kind of fishing there is nearby? Its only worthwhile if I make it a combo trip. Its a 3 hour drive.

I hope to go on Sunday myself

CathyG wrote:
I'm thinking about making the trip to the store but was wondering what kind of fishing there is nearby? Its only worthwhile if I make it a combo trip. Its a 3 hour drive.

Lots of Warm Water around the outlet, but to be honest, Lancaster trout fishing isn't exactly worth a 3 hour drive. We make it work down here though.

Back