Orvis opening in Haverford

C

Clams

Drove by the recently vacated EMS store on Lancaster Ave in Haverford today and was quite surprised to see an "Orvis Opening Soon" sign out front. Surprised because (a) TCO is literally right around the corner from there and (b) the Plymouth Meeting Orvis is pretty close as well. Hard to believe there's enough of a market for all those stores in/near Lower Merion.

The people down that way can always use a new dog bed.

Haha foxtrapper - I love the orvis store 5 min down the street from me in Plymouth meeting. Good dudes there too.

It's interesting considering TCO is right around the corner but maybe it's an indicator that Fly Fishing rods, reels and flies don't bring in as much $$ as clothing and dog beds ??

TCO carries Orvis gear don't they?

If so, Orvis would have access to some very good information about the nature of the flyfishing market in that area.

See whut I mean?

:-o

If so, Orvis would have access to some very good information about the nature of the flyfishing market in that area.

See whut I mean?

:-o

And I doubt if Orvis thinks there is enough of a market to support three fly shops in the area.

troutbert wrote:
They do, but every time (maybe 5) I've been in the Bryn Mawr TCO, I was the only one in the store. I don't see an Orvis store being much different. I did see the sign in Haverford.

Maybe they'll also start a guide service on the nearby semi-urban stream.

Back