Orvis Hydros

bjshaffr

bjshaffr

Just picked up a new Orvis Hydros (9ft 5wt) and got the Battenkill large arbor reel for free...anyone have any experience with either of these? What did you think? I'm pretty excited can't wait to get out and hit the water...a nice upgrade over the Cabela's Three Forks combo I was fishing.

no experience with the rod but i've got an Orvis Large Arbor 3 reel on my 5wt and love it. it's smooth and quick. does the trick every time.

That's quite the upgrade and you got a great deal on it. Did you go for the 9.5 flex or 6.5? It's a huge difference.

congrats on the new stick - I've played with them at the orvis shop and cast really nice.

Cast just the same as the Helio and thats no BS I work in an orvis shop! Should have went with the mid flex imo. But either way enjoy it thats one awesome set up!

I just recently bought the 8.5ft 4 wt. midflex. You will love the rod. i casted my Dad's Helios he paid 750.00 for and for the money I would take the Hydros any day. You will love the rod.

I just went back to my local flyshop up here in Syracuse and the owner just gave me a large arbor battnkill for free even though I bought the rod before the free reel deal.

Jason

Back