Orvis Guide sling pack

D

DavePa

Has anyone attached a net to the Orvis Guide Sling Pack ?
There doesn't appear to be a location that looks easy to grab .

Pics appreciated!

Regards David

I carry a net with mine. ive tried a ton of options and found this to be the best -

I tuck the net between my back and the pack net side pointing down so the handle sticks up behind my left ear.

Its easily accessible this way and doesnt get in the way like it would hanging.

DavePa wrote:

Pics appreciated!

Regards David

You hang your net on the D ring on the strap, just like you would on any vest.

You can reach back to access your net or rotate the pack and net to the front for easy access.

I use a magnetic net holder and appreciate the fact I can easily reattach my net while it's in front of me, rather than trying to reach back and connect it over my shoulder.

Attachments

• Guide Sling.jpg
    Guide Sling.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 79
Thanks
Give the D-ring a try

afishinado wrote:
DavePa wrote:

Pics appreciated!

Regards David

You hang your net on the D ring on the strap, just like you would on any vest.

And about 2 - 3 times per outing it swings around and whacks you while you're crouched down trying to get under a low hanging limb or some other obstacle. lol

I hang mine from the D ring and also have a magnetic holder. Perfectly fine when you're standing still. Not always easy to reach behind to grab to net a fish and a little clumsy in transit but I haven't come up with a better solution. Keep thinking of trying to "MacGyver" a couple of velcro starts onto the pack to somehow lash it to.

Magnetic holder on D-ring
Hard to reattach at times

Like to see another attachment point

As I posted above, one of the advantages to the sling pack vs a vest or vestpack is the ability to rotate the sling (and D ring) towards the front to either access the net itself or simply reattach the magnets and sling it back around. With a Vest or vest pack the D ring remains on your back and you often have to struggle to reach for and/or reattach your net.

Ill take a picture of my set up tonight if I remember after work. Ive added about 8" to the D ring to make attaching the net to the magnetic release easier.

Back