Orvis flyrod

beadhead2

beadhead2

Does anyone have any info on an Orvis Clearwater Classic 664-2
It's a 6'6" 2pc 4wht
Possible year ? and value ?
Cannot find any info
Thanks

If it has the natural gray blank and older style of Orvis logo font on the inscription, it is early 2000's. Retailed for ~$200 and IIRC was the last of the Clearwaters to be made in the USA.

If it has a painted blank and newer Orvis logo font, it is a later rod. I believe these were all made over seas by this point. There may have been a few years where Clearwaters had updated cosmetics but where still made in the USA. It's hard to remember and I no longer have any old Orvis catalogs form that time. The clearwaters have gone through several iterations since production has switched to China.

A picture would be helpful.

At any rate you are looking at a rod that was in the $200 range, mint, brand new.

Thanks PennKev
I believe the rod was from the 90's
It is in very good condition ,fished very little

The very first Clearwater rods were made in the 90s.

Thank you TYoung ,I just heard from Orvis and they said the same thing
They were USA made

I used to own a rare clearwater fullflex i loved. They only made so many. If i remember it was a 7' 3wt fullflex in black.
Wish i still had that one.
Beautiful casting rod

Henry they were only sold in a few shops, mainstream was the biggest seller when I was there. let me know what you want was in 2004 and 2005

Bob
I thought it was earlier than that ,cause I bought the 7'3wht ,7'9"5wht,61/2 ft 4wht
Haven't found a base starting price on the 6 1/2 ft yet
If you are interested in it ,pm or email me with offer

Back