OPST Lazar

B

blitzinstripes

Anyone fishing the OPST Lazar in your mono rigs, and how do you like it? I see the Lively Legz crew started using it and offering it on their website. Looking for some more reviews. The LL guys pre stretched theirs. Did anyone else see the need to pre-stretch?

I use the 30lb pink lazar line and I like it. Just straight 30ft of lazar line then tippet ring then tippet and flies...no sighter as its opaque. I know many like to taper down and use a sighter but I just keep it simple. It definitely needs to be stretched before fishing. I don’t know how it compares to other setups but it works for me. And it can cast streamers pretty easily limited only by the amount of lazar line. But stripping it isn’t great. Especially if your hands are cold and wet...even warm it’s not easy to strip but it can be done but fly line is much easier to strip. The big downside is that it’s really expensive...oddly expensive.

I use Lazer Line as a shooting line for skagit casting. It does need to be stretched but the distance is worth the effort.

I’m new to mono rigs and loving it. I saw George Daniel’s video on his mono rig and duplicated it. I’m still adjusting to handling the laser line with my off hand. Also, on hook sets where I usually pinch the fly line between my index finger and the handle and lift the rod tip, the laser line slips through my grip unless in place it directly under the tip of my index finger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itFgq3B0BEI

Seems to me that George Daniel has a answer for every question when it comes to mono rigs.

Back