One epic fly box

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
mike_richardson

mike_richardson

I got this custom box made for a buddy of mine. He had the high bid on a number of my flies at an auction for a new born baby with birth defect I had put together.

I wanted to do something really special for him. So I got with Chris Pongrac of Out of the Riffle Wood Works, and with a buddy of mine from CT Dustin Dattillio. THe wood burning is all done by hand.

I got to give my buddy the box today and he was blown away. If you look at the fish's mouth you can see one of my LL stone flies.

THis was a hard one to give away but was a blast to see this.

I gave my buddy some of my LL nymphs I typically do well on and some of those mop flies.

Attachments

• custom fly box.jpg
    custom fly box.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
  • custom fly box1.jpg
    custom fly box1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3
  • custom fly box2.jpg
    custom fly box2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 2
  • custom fly box 3.jpg
    custom fly box 3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 4
Very nice Mike.

GenCon

That's incredible work! Extremely nice gesture.

Having mops in a sweet box like that is comparable to one's sweet grandmother wearing hooker boots. LoL.

Beautiful box.

3oh4 wrote:
Having mops in a sweet box like that is comparable to one's sweet grandmother wearing hooker boots. LoL.

Beautiful box.

Thats what I was thinking lol, seems more appropriate to put some dries in there, or maybe some traditional wets/spiders or something

Mops are the latest craze these days and the guy who got the box just wants to catch fish. I don't use them, but figured they would work for him.

Back