on a lighter note...thank you all

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

even after many heated debates and various subjects i still wanna thank you all. today after shooting the crap witha flyfisherman for about an hour i realized something. im proud to be a part of the flyfishing community and humbled by it. sittin in the parking lot talkin about hatches and that big trout that snapped both of us off at the hole around the bend is a place frozen in time for me. i pick up books and read about mayflies and better casting. articles on better tying techniques and fisheries thriving(and in trouble). discussions on how to fix broken streams and debates about regulations. its all great! today im catching more fish on dry flies. understanding rise forms and thrown some junk flies :-D im understanding how fish think more and im glad to be a part of it. we agree on this and disagree on that.....and im a better flyfisherman for it. you all are a part of it and im proud to be just one grain of salt in the shaker!
thanks to all of you. :-D

Me too! :)

Gratitude is a wonderful thing. You can't always feel it, but that doesnt mean your not grateful. By some of your posts lately it almost seems like your having some sort of reckoning with the dries and graduation of flyfishing character. Always had the ethics it seems. Good for you. I can tell you this with sincerety, my life is much better with flyfishing in it. I have a picture I'll never forget from Clarks and it doest have a trout in it. If I can find it, I'll post it. And I thank you right back as well.

yes i have been making a transformation in my flyfishing. it has been completely refreshing. i feel the same way about flyfishing in my life. i remember once seeing a raccoon wash his hands in the stream across from me. and a beaver chew down a tree(which ruined my hole!)its out there being apart of nature that is so special and pleasent. thank you for your responses. i just thought id let you guys know that you have taught this "old dog" some new tricks and im still willing to learn. :-D

Excellent sentiments. For me, flyfishing falls a bit short of a way of life but certainly a heck of a lot more than a hobby.
Coughlin

Wow great picture! I have one that similar to that that I took in Vermont thats my background on my computer at home. Just such a soothing/relaxing picture. Kind of puts you in the element you want to be in.

Well said, Sal.

that is a great picture! that would freeze in my mind too! :-D

Yeah, great photo you shared Squaretail, I just “borrowed” the photo to use as the wallpaper on my computer. Great post SF. I too enjoy the site and appreciate the members of the board, and all the info and their opinions shared on the board. We do disagree sometimes, but it seems that everyone’s heart is in the right place.

We all tend to take things too seriously and forget to have fun and enjoy this great sport / passion we all share. Further, complain as we may, we all should appreciate that we live in a State which offers so many opportunities to fish quality water. Not perfect, but pretty darn good….

afishinado wrote:
....Further, complain as we may, we all should appreciate that we live in a State which offers so many opportunities to fish quality water. Not perfect, but pretty darn good….

I'll drink to that! Nearly everything I've learned about fly fishing, I've learned from this forum, and a good bit of what I have had to unlearn as well.

2099082100091722017S500x500Q85.jpg

and in case you're curious....

2787326080091722017S500x500Q85.jpg

:-D :-D :-D :-D

jayl
nice stream! i wont ask where cause those little guys wont need added pressure. thats the kinda place that is so special in my mind! :-D
squartail
you oughta send that photo to something.(postcard, poster company or hallmark :-D somethin!) its really beautiful

Yeah, fly fishing is great.

Here's a picture of me with my biggest wild trout to date that I caught on a recent trip to washington state:

My wife also fly fishes, but doesn't blog on these blessed boards. Here's a picture of her on the Little River in GSMNP:

She always says that fly fisherman might actually enjoy themselves if they didn't take their sport so seriously. Obviously she's got the brains in my family. :lol:

Squaretail,
I know that exact spot on Clark's. Caught 4 wild brooks there once.

I started fly fishing two years ago to the month, last year I did not make it out fishing much at all (bought a house, needed a lot of work) this year with the exception of the first day I have fly fished every time I go fishing. My dad asks well "How'd you do?" Most times I say I didn't catch anything but there definately is something about fly fishing that is totally different from bait fishing. I got a real good friend of mine fly fishing and I am trying to get my dad to do it (bought him everything he needs). I guess the main reason I switched from bait to fly fishing is because I felt there was no where else to go or no more accomplishments I wanted to achieve as a bait fisherman and it was something totally new. I grew up in Middletown, just south of Harrisburg. I vividly remeber my dad taking me to Stony Creek, Clarks and Armstrong Creeks. The pictures I see on here take me to a different time, they are some of my favorites. I don't get to spend time on those creeks anymore as well as I don't spend as much "quality time" with my dad as in the past. But anyways that's enough rambling. THANKS to this forum!

that is just one reason in mayny i started flyfishing from spin fishing. i felt also there was nothing new to learn. good for you! hope your father takes it up too....good luck!

Back