Olive Scud Nymph

T

tctrout

Here's an Olive Scud Nymph that I tie for use on spring creeks. I burnt some monofilament eyes prior to the tying, and show the procedures in the video. This is an effective pattern, and one that's both easy and fun to tie.

TC

Video with tying procedures:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_38QzmmlgM[/youtube]

Attachments

• Scud email.JPG
    Scud email.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 8
I enjoyed it as usual! Your videos are my 'go to' for learning new patterns and techniques. I tie this with rainbow UV dubbing but I think I'll do up a few in UV grey and in olive.

Nice fly TC. as always.

GC

Very nice tutorial Tim.

Thanks guys; I really appreciate the positive comments. Sipe, the UV colors sound great. I'm turning to them more and more, and will incorporate those into this one, too.

Thanks again,

Tim

Nice fly Tim.

Thanks man. A lot of great tips. I don't fish many spring creeks, but I always learn something about tying techniques when I watch one of your videos.

I found that a brownish scud works great in the tohickon creek bucks county. its full of them.

Attachments

• tohickon scud.jpg
    tohickon scud.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the additional comments, guys, and I haven't used too many brown scuds over the years (but will add a few to the boxes).

A few people have contacted me to say that scuds on straight-shank hooks work really well, too, thus keep that in mind for sure.

Tim

I'm thinking this shows why tan scuds/shrimp patterns are so effective.

A few people have contacted me to say that scuds on straight-shank hooks work really well, too, thus keep that in mind for sure.

scuds when alive are straight when they are moving, dead scuds curl up. I tie most of mine on a straight hook.

Back