Old Loggers Path backpack/fish trip

S

Salvi1

All,

I have been doing tons of hiking and heavily recommend the old loggers path for a backpack fish trip. Now as you all know there is no water in the streams BUT with water as in a spring trip this would be the ultimate hike/fish trip. its a 3 day hike and DEFINITELY NOT for the unexpirienced hiker that should and does keep the riff raff out. I have hiked alot in PA and this was the sweetest! Also the Loyalsock runs right through Worlds end state park near there. also again the BEST cheesesteaks in the world are at the Forksville general store ...nothing better after a 27 mile hike!

S,

"BEST cheesesteaks in the world are at the Forksville general store ...nothing better after a 27 mile hike!"

I dunno. A shower would be right up there for me. I bet the people in Forksville would appreciate one too. (for you, not them!) :)

i am a firm believer that you can not get a good cheese steak outside of philadelphia.go to geno's and get some sucker to bring hot peppers from pat's,meet up at ray's happy birthday bar.

do love the loyalsock though,with the water as clear as gin mixed with cheap vodka.i remember those trout there spitting out my fly and laughing at me.beautiful stream.

the people who own the local tavern are from n.j. outside phila. and they make a good philly cheese staek.. forks ville tavern used to have philly cheese staeks, i knew the owners and they were from se pa..i dont know owns it now...

ginos and pats cheesesteaks are right up there with the sixers, phillies, flyers, and eagles(mcnabb)....just terrible. no wonder rendell got outta there, i guess he was tired of visting independence hall, the liberty bell, and the rocky statue in his spare time.

IMO you can't get a good cheesestaeak outside of Philly. If the place calls it a "Philly Cheesesteak", forget about it even being close. It might be a good sandwich, but it won't be a cheesesteak, it's all in the bread from South Philly....

I'd rather have a really good IPA waiting for me after a couple days of backpacking. I did the Old Loggers a couple of times, once going ultralight: a day pack, running shoes, a tarp, and a summer sleeping bag. Nice trip - been thinking about going back one of these days.... Rock Run is one of the most photogenic small streams in PA.

I've been known to take the the 40+ block hike to pat's and geno's before. Nothing better after a 43 block hike!

Though a bike or a subway pass suffices too, but sometimes I feel like "roughing it".

Seriously though, I'd love to take a multi day hike like that. Perhaps I will this spring. Sounds awesome. I've gotta go somewhere where my walks aren't counted in blocks...

Oh, and y'all don't know what you're talking about. Jim's on South > pat's and geno's. When you factor in convenience, Sonny's on 2nd and Market is better than all of them. It's no more than 50 feet from the subway station, and about a block from one of my favorite watering holes.

Tony Luke's would win if they got some real cheez wiz.

They are from the philly area somewhat BELEIVE me philly cheesesteaks aint got nothing on them...

Itailans from Philly run the store now. it is a great place to eat. Forget the IPA hows about a 22 once Guiness bottle from mountain liquers in maryland chillin in the cooler for when the hike was over!

S,

Pad,

We stayed at streams each night so the grunge factor was somewhat limited but the shower when i got home was awesome oh yes and the Large Guiness' and some 10 year Evan Williams on the rocks did the trick...

Back