Oil Creek?

P

PAFLYBOY

Sorry for the last minute question! I was thinking of making a last minute trip to Oil tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you have fished it in the last few days? I see that it is pretty low and I was wondering if anyone is having any success in the low water. Thx!

I was wondering the same? planning going to Oil Wednesday or Thursday then up to Warren to meet and camp with my son Friday and Sat..

Haven’t been there lately
But it should have received a fall stocking by now

And usually has decent BWO hatches in fall

Sorry for the last minute question! I was thinking of making a last minute trip to Oil tomorrow and I was wondering if any of you have fished it in the last few days? I see that it is pretty low and I was wondering if anyone is having any success in the low water. Thx!
Did you go? Any reports appreciated.
Tnx John

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the computer. I did end up going last Thursday. It was extremely low(60ish cfs) and, other than one pod of rising fish(that were already being worked by other anglers) there was pretty much no activity. I probably won't be back until next spring...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the computer. I did end up going last Thursday. It was extremely low(60ish cfs) and, other than one pod of rising fish(that were already being worked by other anglers) there was pretty much no activity. I probably won't be back until next spring...
Thanks for the report, I never made it up there in the end. Figured it would be low..

Thanks for the report, I never made it up there in the end. Figured it would be low..
This time of year it would have been fine - no temp issues
Its a big stream with some deep holes .
Flow would not have been a problem

Back