Oh My Achin' Back!

Festus

Festus

Last week my new vest arrived. I can't say enough about this well thought out vest. No more back strain for ol' Festus! Well worth the hundred bucks. :)

LL Bean Vest

Hmm. Once I get some scratch saved up I might have to investigate. I've always had a problem with back pain due to vests... and I'm only 22!

Festus, I thought your trusty mule would carry all your stuff.

But that is a real nice looking vest. Puts the weight on the hips and off the shoulders. Good idea. Lots of flyfishers have back pain it seems. It's probably partly because of heavy vests. And partly because flyfishers are leaning over all the time as they fish. You can see this if you watch other people casting. They are always leaning into their fishing. I do it too. But if you do that all day, it puts a strain on the lower back.

There are various books on stretching exercises for back pain. These exercises work. It takes a while, you have to stick with it. But they are very effective.

I have the Orvis version of that vest that I got on sale a year ago. I works great - holds all my stuff - and is confortable.

have the same ll bean vest. got it two or three months ago. i love it.

John

That's a good looking vest. Actually, I went with the Simms top of the line ( $115.00 on a sale). If the Bean moves the weight to the hips, the simms brings it forward off the shoulders. I have everything in it that was i my old vest and it feels like half the weight! Well worth the investment regardless of price.

By the way, Festus, I'll be looking for cantakerous guy in that vest during my yearly trip to Gaines.
Coughlin

By the way, Festus, I'll be looking for cantakerous guy in that vest during my yearly trip to Gaines.

:-D He went thataway----------->>>>>>>>>

Nice looking vest indeed! I've got an Orvis Pack that holds everything I need. It looks like the bean model has the back support built into it. I use a Simms back support with my pack and that's served me very well. I'll never fish without one, especially when I'm intending on spending a lot of time on the stream.

Back