Off The Wall

osprey

osprey

Have any of you folks seen the show "Monster Fish" I think it's on Animal Planet or NatGeo or Discovery , one of those channels. This dude is a serious nut job. The show on Kamchatka was a good one and some of the Amazon adventures were interesting. I just have to wonder if this dude is for real , or if it's just his on screen personality? And i thought i was obsessed!!!

These sort of fishing shows are all the rage right now...

Monster Fish is a good show. Way more entertaining than traditional fishing shows. There was a decent episode on Taimen too. They dumb-down some of the facts though, like saying that taimen are giant trout rather than explaining how the fish are actually related.

River Monsters is also a lot of fun. If you think the guy from Monster fish is nuts, Jeremy Wade is completely crazy. There are a few episodes which will redefine your notion of "high and muddy conditions." There is also a rather funny episode where he attempts to "fly fish" for salmon for the first time. Only problem is that he hires a guide and his guide teaches him to snag salmon. JW snags a salmon only to have a bear steal it from the end of his line while the "guide" is firing warning shots at the bear.

There's also one more show with some crazy dutch guy IIRC, haven't seen it on very often. Caught one episode where he camped out in his canoe for 3 or 4 days trying to catch a catfish n the amazon.

Kev

Never caught Monster Fish but like stated above, River Monsters is a really good show. Jeremy Wade is a man among men when it comes to these shows.

The one episode he's trying to hook up with Tigerfish over in Africa. This river he's on (can't recall the name) is fricken rolling and there's a fisherman along the rocks he encounters diving into it with a net and nothing on but some long johns trying to snag some fish...

I enjoy watching river monsters. he needs to get some wardrobe funds though, his t-shirts are full of holes! I saw the one with the guy diving into the torent, totally nuts!! he always tries to release his fish as well, though one time he couldn't revive one, so the local village celebrated and ate it. he seemed happy to have provided them with food, but he also seemed bummed out that he killed it by catching it.

I believe it was the Congo River.

OOOOPPS!! MY mistake , when bikerfish mentioned this guys clothes , which look like they are rotting off his body , I realized that it is "River Monsters" that is the show I was meaning to mention , not "Monster Fish" in fact the last one I watched was "River Monsters Unhooked" I didn't know the guys name , Jeremy Wade , but he is the one I was saying was "off the wall" the one that really got to me was up the Amazon somewhere and he was so bit up by black flies he laid in the boat and shook.......ugh!!!

I liked the episode in Asia where he is fighting the stingray and it tears his tendons in his arm. He then proceeds to keep fishing. Think it was a stingray, been awhile since I seen the episode.

The nice thing about River Monsters is my wife enjoys watching it.

"Why are you making me watch fishing shows?"
No, this isn't a fishing show, its science.
"They're fishing, its a fishing show."
For...science! So, its cool, its on Discovery!

Back