Odd twist

D

dryflyguy

The heavy rain over weekend rain blew out all the big streams in the state, with one exception - the Delaware river.
Pretty big drop the last few days, to a nice wadable level for the first time this spring.
That doesn't happen too often, from what I recall.
Kinda wondering if the reduction has something to do with the higher flows downstream - even though its dams aren't for flood control.
And they'll be raising it again shortly.
Or just a coincidence.........

The heavy rain over weekend rain blew out all the big streams in the state, with one exception - the Delaware river.
Pretty big drop the last few days, to a nice wadable level for the first time this spring.
That doesn't happen too often, from what I recall.
Kinda wondering if the reduction has something to do with the higher flows downstream - even though its dams aren't for flood control.
And they'll be raising it again shortly.
Or just a coincidence.........
I've been watching some streams in northern PA and it looks like there was a very distinct line with this recent rain we got. You go 10 miles north and they got half an inch less of rain and streams are below their normal levels and you go 10 miles south and streams are well above their normal levels. Just thinking the headwaters of the Delaware didn't get much rain but everything from the Lackawaxen down did so the river shot up but then came back down relatively quickly because the east and west branch didn't get much rain. You could also be right about them holding water back with the recent heavy rain.

Yes, the "rain line" is part of the answer. I live just north of Scranton. We got a bunch of rain. Just a bit north of us got little.

Another factor: This week Pepacton and Cannonsville stopped spilling. That volume was added to the release volume, now it's not. They may also have reduced releases.

Back