Octorora FF section

Biggie

Biggie

Anyone have any info on this section.........water temps?

It gets warm Biggie...and no longer gets a fall stocking as it used to. I am not sure if the co-op who stocks it holds fish over for a fall stocking or not.

Thanks Mo...I will be in the area tomorrow, and will check the WT.

If you know of any WT in any trib to the W Br Octoraro, we would sure like to officially document it. We have not found any in the tribs, although one fingerling was electrofished in Stewart Run in the late 1970's.

If I fish it Monday, I'll check for WT if I catch any, Mike.

Well I took a temp on the Octo. Monday at noon. 70 degrees at the lower bridge so no fishing for me.....

Oh how I wish the West Branch of the Octararo had a tributary with some cold water influence, but it really just doesn't. I know a few spots where there are some cooler springs that enter through the streambed that the leftover trout congregate around but it usually isn't enough to sustain them through the dog days of summer. From a trout aspect the FFO area is pretty much done this time of year. It always has had a resident population of Smallmouth (nothing big) but you could probably catch some of them in the deeper runs and around the structure this time of year. The Octararo has always been a special place for me but the annual high water temperatures have always been the downfall.

Back