November Strategy

UncleShorty

UncleShorty

I'm gonna be in PA for Nov & 1/2 of Dec.

I'm intending to do some fishing on Yellow Creek, (Bedford Co.), the Little J & possibly Bald Eagle creek.

My first thoughts about flies tended toward streamers, wets & maybe soft hackles. Then I included ants & other terrestrials.

A website about winter fishing in PA recommended bead head pheasant tails.

What about brown trout spawning? I heard Nov is prime time and I don't want to disturb them. Is that gonna be an issue?

What would you use if spawning isn't an issue? Any other tips or tricks would be appreciated.

It's coolin' off down here in TX. The heat index was barely 100 today...

If possible go to the Steelhead Jam in Erie. It's well worth the time and you will meet a great bunch of fellow Pa. fishermen. You will get a shot,hopefully, at a reel screamer.
I know what you mean about cooling off,lol. We are in the high 70's at night here. Days are still 90's plus. Oaks are dropping acorns and my son goes out to bow hunt this weekend. GG

Pray for rain. Almost October and dry as a bone.

Pray for rain and depending on the whether how warm it is or cold it is determines what flies you use. Warm afternoons gets the bugs out and trout will chow down on them especially on warm cloudy days. Cold fronts tend to put the fish and hatches down for a couple of days, on this days go subsurface.

Thank you Chaz.

Worst comes to worst take a drive to a tailwater. Just not the savage, I would like the stream to myself.

Back