Not fly fishing, but corse fishing rods

gfen

gfen

Anyone know of any use for corse/carp fishing rods?

My brother in law has a pile of carp rods, 12' carbon fiber rods that he got from one of his mates that did it in Ireland and along big us rivers. He tasked me with trying to unload them and I figured I'd see if anyone had suggestions on where to go with these.

Feel free to pm or post a suggestion, coz I'm clueless and don't know where to start than a bIt board I guess.

Sorry for the off topicness of the message, but.

I'd suggest carp fishing with them. :)

Why are these just carp fishing rods?

Won't they work with other fish? Catfish maybe?

If you're looking to get rid of them piecemeal, I'd be interested in one or two... assuming they're not one piece.

I'm not really one for baitfishing a lake or wherever you're supposed to use one of these, FD.

Jay, there'll be a posting offering to trade for FF'ing (or cash, but to keep it relevant) stuff once I figure out what these are actually worth. They're all like 12'+ spinning rods, mostly two pieces, one three piece and a weird little collapsible thing.

I was curious to know if anyone had suggestions on what to do with 'em, I dunno if there's much of a dedicated cadre of guys who do this around here, but then I've never much looked... PAFF tends to be filled with the ranks of people who might just know, so I threw it out there.

they're for match fishing or float fishing, I'd be interested if the price is low to use as centerpin rods. I'd probably strip them down to the blank and rebuilt depending on the handle and guide configuration. I'd like a 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 footer, if you got it.
Please let us know what you have and give JayL and I first dibs :)

I might be interested for one for my Brother, sounds like it might work for channel cats on the river.

wetnet wrote:
I might be interested for one for my Brother, sounds like it might work for channel cats on the river.

I was thinking the same thing.

Only for my brother, not your brother.;-)

He loves to fish for catfish and even travels down south about once a year to go for the big'ns.

Back