Northampton/Monroe County Fly Shops?

fishinginasuit

fishinginasuit

Hi all,
I know, I know...theres a list of them on this website, but I remember reading some time ago on another website about the perceived snobby attitude of some fly shops. Ofcourse without question being only a yearling to the sport I would rather be helped than have someone look down their nose at me while I look to spend my hard earned cash.
That being said I would love to elicite the opinions of those that frequent any of the shops in Northampton and or Monroe Counties. What about AA Outfitters in Blakeslee and does anyone know of one in Kunkletown? Recently, I was on either the Redington or R.L. Winston website I believe and they claimed to have a dealer in Kunkletown. Can anyone shed any light on to either of these fly shops or any other ones for that matter?
Thanks as always!
Regards,
Chris

Suit,

A&A Outfitters in Blakeslee is a good shop. I've dealt with them quite a bit in the past, more when I lived in the area. Gene Ercaloni is the owner, and he runs a good operation with quality merchandise.

Also in that area is the Evening Hatch, an Orvis shop. They are located near the Turnpike enterance on 940. Both good shops.

Can't help you with Kunkletown.

fishinginasuit:

It really depends on what you are looking for. Besides AA there is the Little Lehigh Fly Shop that has a "little" bit of stuff and Dunkelberger's in Stroudsburg that has a bit too. There is also an Orvis Shop in downtown Bethlehem but the selection there is sparse.

If you not in a hurry most places will order for you if you want to buy locally and develop a relationship; but if you are looking for a lot of stuff in stock you may have to take the drive to Cabela's in Hamburg.

Back