News cast: Urban kids enjoy stocking/fishing creeks too: Philly

M

Mike

http://6abc.com/news/trout-season-begins-on-wissahickon-creek/573007/

Met some great kids today who were really into fishing and hunting. The only time the cell phones came out was to take photos and they could not have cared less about the cold hands and rain.

Was that you death gripping that Lightning trout Mike? :)

I bet that was a fun time. I always enjoy stocking trout and engaging the group following. Its like a show of sorts. All ya need is an MC.

Yes, unfortunately. I told the reporter that it did not look very professional. That fish was trouble from the get-go. It was all fired up by the time I got my hands on it and it twice flew out of my hands onto the ground. With thousands of fish hand held in a year for processing on surveys with only an occasional uncooperative one, I end up with a live-wire for the camera. As Dave Miko used to say..."Kaufmann, that fish is kicking your ..."

:lol:

Sounds like a great day - city kids deserve to go fishing too. Good to see so much enthusiasm. Two thumbs up Mike.

Us urban kids are no different than you hick kids, if you got the fishing gene , you got the fishing gene. It's funny now that I think of it, I started out riding my huffy stingray to creeks and ponds and still prefer to bike to my fishing spots. My favorite getaway when I was a kid was through a turnpike underpass and into my own private swamp, it could have been anywhere, it was my domain.

Cool story. Good for the kids! It is nice to know that kids can ease up on that death grip they have on their phones.

That is one ugly trout, by the way.

Great for the kids!

Why do they make those mutant lightning trout? Man is that thing bizarre looking.

Back