Newbie from ABE

• Thread starter Flyfishmedic732
  • Start date
Flyfishmedic732

Flyfishmedic732

Goodmorning All!

My name is Matt, I am from Emmaus, PA I am new to the forum and sort of new to FFing. I actually started about 10 years ago but go so frustrated that I did stick with it, I am back at it agaiin for 2 years and I am hooked, I found a new passion!! I try to get out at least once a week if the weather is good. I usually fish the little lehigh, but recently started to fish the Jodan up near the Trexler game preserve. I really enjoy FFing and want to learn as much as I can about it. I just wanted to take the time and introduce myself!

Welcome Matt! Great to hear you are enjoying it again!

That end of the Jordan is a great place to fish. Probably my favorite spot to go in the valley.

Welcome Matt.... Glad you are back at it.

Welcome Matt. There are a lot of PAFF members in your neck of the woods. Enjoy the site and our fly fishing community.

Yes Ia m seeing that Fishidiot, its nice to see that! I am sure we may pass each other on the stream! Bdot...I love that place, I may have only caught a small crappie (I think) and had more than a few wild ones spit my flies out, But I had a heck of a time!!! I just like how wild it seems up there!

Welcome aboard. GG

Fishidiot wrote:
Welcome Matt. There are a lot of PAFF members in your neck of the woods. Enjoy the site and our fly fishing community.

There are, and its been agreed upon by the lot of us that the best fishing only happens in the Bushkill. Don't go to the LL or the Monocacy. Only suckers. Little suckers. And alligators.

I have to disagree the Bushkill is terrible. lol

gfen wrote:
Fishidiot wrote:

There are, and its been agreed upon by the lot of us that the best fishing only happens in the Bushkill. Don't go to the LL or the Monocacy. Only suckers. Little suckers. And alligators.

Gators on a 3 wt ftw!

jdaddy wrote:
Gators on a 3 wt ftw!

Need at least a 6wt to throw the articulated Muppet Babies at 'em.

gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
Gators on a 3 wt ftw!

Need at least a 6wt to throw the articulated Muppet Babies at 'em.

got a recipe or even a tut for that fly? Google search turned up nothin. Now fraggle rock is stuck in my head. And I'm picturing Elmo in a diaper.

Welcome matt! Emmouse is a great little town. Keep a watch out for our annual trico Jam in the LL parkway which should be rounded up soon!

littlelehigh wrote:
Keep a watch out for our annual trico Jam in the LL parkway which should be rounded up soon!

It's coming soon. It'll either be the 16th or the 23rd of July. I'll announce it in the appropriate spots when it gets closer....

Back