New World Record Striper?!?!?

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/51239/alabama+anglers+monstrous+striped+bass+is+one+for+%20the+record+books/

Saw this elsewhere and figured others would be interested. What a freaking pig!

I would love to get into some 20 pounders.

jesus.

that is a cow !

Man - a huge striper.
I saw it this clip on Yahoo news yesterday - will definitely be a new fresh water world record (unless there's a glitch).

Just look at the steaks on that guy, yumm...

Especially in a Kayak.

geebee wrote:
that is a cow !
Guaranteed it is (or WAS) a cow. I'm happy for the dude, but, I have a hard spot with killing such a big breeder. She was certainly the queen bee of her domain.
Legal to kill her? Sure it was....in season and all that. And one less breeder will, I guess, have zero impact on the population. I personally could not have brought myself to do it. Not meaning to get on my high horse or anything; like I said, he was well within his rights....just my 2 cents.

I have no issue with killing it; landlocked stripers don't successfully spawn in the lake in question as far as I'm aware and that fish was nearing it's end of life anyway. There are only a few rare locations where freshwater stripers reproduce (A quick search showed only 4 confirmed lakes in the US). Most populations are maintained through fingerling stocking.

Back