New way to snag a fish

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

I was fishing the North Branch of the Potomac on sunday when my line hesitated and it was fish on. A few seconds later I had him under control a little 10 inch bow. As I lifted his head I saw both my flies not in his mouth. My size 20 dropper had gotten caught in the loop knot of a snelled hook the fish had swallowed deep. I cut the line as close as I could and let him go, that is a brand new one for me. What are the odds?

I've caught one on a dry with a fresh nightcrawler / snelled hook in its throat and lassoed one around the tail with a nymph rig but I'm not able to cast accurately enough to hook a mono loop hanging out of a fish's mouth. That's a one in a million snag. Lol

I caught the eyelet of a smelled hook a rainbow in Manada creek had passed through. The line with a sinker was out of his mouth on the other end.

Not a typo.:lol:

Ok, you win. Doubt that will be beat.

I hooked a large spinner broken off in the mouth of a 10# lake trout with a zonker. The hook was through the eye of the spinner.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I caught the eyelet of a smelled hook a rainbow in Manada creek had passed through. The line with a sinker was out of his mouth on the other end.

Not a typo.:lol:

Wow, I thought I was a clear winner, you couldn't make that s up.

I caught a triple once...
A pile of fish of dead fish on a stringer that must've gotten free...somehow my hook was in one of the fish's jaw

I think Phil wins :-o

Once I snagged a branch and pulled it in. Another line was caught in it and when I started pulling it in it fought back. At the end was a live 16" brown trout.

I hooked, fought and landed an average sized steelhead in 20 mile creek about 8 years ago. When I tried to remove my hook, I found my BHPT nymph hooked into a purple wooly bugger already in her mouth. I still have the two hooked together flies.

Back