New Waterproof Camera

nittspike

nittspike

Hi All,

Just wanted to let eveyone know about a new waterproof camera from Fuji. The FinePix Z33 is shipping to stores this month with a retail of $199.95. It will have some sales reducing retail to $179.95 throughout the spring. It is 10MP, 3x optical zoom (internal lens system) waterproof up to 10', with macro, and movie mode. Avaliable colors are black, bright green and bright pink. I have attched a link below that shows the green version. It is about the size of credit card L=3" 3/8" w=7/8" H= 2" 3/8" with 2.7" lcd screen.

I know there was previous discussions about cameras and we all seem to take pics of our catch and or our streams. This is a nice small compact lightweight camera that might fit some of your needs on and off the stream. Fuji won JD Power And Associates 2008 award for customer satisfaction in compact digital cameras as well as for least amount of camera repairs.

http://shopfujifilm.com/index.asp

I had a fuji finepix a while back. I hated it. The lens cover manually slid to the side, and the lens wouldn't come out unless the cover registered as "open". Well, apparantly the sensor was bad or something, as you had to physically hold it open, if you weren't holding it it thought the cover was closed and wouldn't function. It completely sucked. I sent it back to the company, they said they fixed it, but it wasn't any different. It didn't take real good pictures anyway, the specs (MP and such) were fine but the color seemed funny to me. We got a Canon as a wedding present, and have been more than happy with it.

Now, that Fuji was a long time ago, apparantly they've made some major improvements.

here is a nice camera i plan on buying sometime soon
http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/detail/PTX+17251
even has a super macro mode can take pics as close as 1 cm
so no more flies in the scanner for me lol

Both are nice looking cameras. I might have to check out that pentax. It really looks like a nice camera and doesn't have the bubbly look

And now there is the Canon on the main page to consider!

Last fall when I was looking at waterproof digis the only option was the Pentax, now theres more to consider!

Are these models new?

Did'nt seem there were as many options on waterproof cameras 2-3 years ago when I bought one. Good to have choices. Maybe it was some of them were so expensive I did'nt even consider them. ?

It was pretty much the Olympus Stylus models- they were about $400 then. Now there about $225.

Olympus 1030 SW. Thats what I have. takes pics and standard video underwater. Also has macro and super macro. It is the size and shape of a deck of cards Water proof to 33ft. I've laid mine on the bottom of the stream while unhooking fish. Originally they were $379. I bought mine just over $200 as Circuit City was going out of business. Here are some pics I've taken since February.

Back