New TU Membership

C

Canoetripper

I know that I have been a lapsed member. My last membership was in the Nat Greene Chapter many(>20) years ago in Greensboro, North Carolina. I am now a member of the Donegal Chapter of TU in Lancaster County.

I have been a lapsed fly fisherman for a long time, but now am more than committed to making this my new hobby/obsession.

Jifigz is putting my canoe to good use on the Juniata River, which I knew he would.

I know that my knot tying is improving since I spend some time every day just tying the improved clinch knot and double surgeons knot. And, I don't need the knot tying tool anymore.

With all of this warm water temperatures, I am thinking about an Orvis or TCO fly fishing class so I can have a professional show me what I do right, what I do wrong, and most importantly, what I can do to get better.

You don't need a pro. All you need is self assurance. You already got that Bro. Tell by your story! Do It! Your way! Why the hell do you want to fish like somebody else! Fish for you, Fish for fun, Fish for All!

Maxima12

All good stuff; congratulations and good luck.

I will say this, Donegal, sweet! Very nice people. Sometimes their knowledge is overwhelming. Only because they like you!

Reminds me of Waterboy! "YOU CAN DO IT".

Thank you both for the replies.

Canoetripper,

I'm no professional but you can come fish with me for free. I'm sure that we can teach each other lots of things related to fishing and it'd be free. We could even float together in the canoe and crush some smallies.

jifigz,

I know that we can make that work. I have canoed all of the Juniata River from Huntingdon to the Susquehanna and much of it upstream from Huntingdon.

I know that you are getting the most out of that canoe, which is why I wanted you to have it. It was never meant to sit in a garage and never be used again. It needs to be on and in the Juniata River the way you canoe & fish with it.

Most of my canoe tripping experience is the Delaware River. I used to live in Washington Crossing. #2 is the Greenbrier River in West Virginia.

I hope to make the trip which you do such a great job with for all of the message board with the warm water jamboree.

CT

Back