New to Site from Scranton

P

Preacherman

I've been an avid fly fisherman/fly tyer for thirty plus years. I've fished all over the state and have lived in various fly fishing meccas. For instance, I've previously lived in Sullivan County and just outside of Wellsboro. So, I've fished the Loyalsock Creek and Pine Creek many times. Currently, my home water is the Lackawanna River. I've lived in the Scranton area since October of 2017. Great big fish stream. Also, a great euronymphing stream.

Welcome to PAFF, Preacherman. We have a pretty active Fly Tying Forum, check it out and jump in.

What is/was your "preacher" affiliation? My dad's (and mom's) was C&MA in Western PA for about 50 years.

Interestingly, I am also with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. I originally was ordained through the Wesleyan Church and my ordination was sustained by the C&MA in 2010.

Interestingly, I am also with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. I originally was ordained through the Wesleyan Church and my ordination was sustained by the C&MA in 2010.
That's cool. My sister still has the family cottage at Mahaffey Conference Grounds (C&MA church camp), but I don't get there too often. We do like to trek up to Pine Creek once or twice a year. My father-in-law has a camp in Cammal.

I know of Mahaffey, but I've never been there. Many in the Western PA district consider it hallowed ground. I've been past Cammal, but not familiar with the water in that area. When i lived near Wellsboro most of my fly fishing was either in the section just above the PA Grand Canyon or in its upper limits. However, I did make the trek to the Slate Run area of Pine Creek as often as I could. I lived about an hour from there. I never fished lower than the area the fly shop stocks with giant browns. One morning about eight or nine years ago I remember landing four of those giants while fishing a blue winged olive hatch.

Welcome!

Back