New to me

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

Anyone heard of this Company?
https://dryftfishing.com/company-info/
They are new to me. GG

They have affordable gear, 500 dollar waders!

They talk a lot about "great prices", and "cutting out the middle man to pass the savings on to you".

Looking through their selection of goods, that's not the impression that I get.

Probably good stuff, but a new, unknown, and unproven company better be doing some amazing things if they expect to draw attention and sell at that price level. There are just too many known entities, with long and established track records, that offer the buyer more peace of mind.

I'm not seeing anything that would make me buy anything from these guys.

I know a guy who started his own FF company with the same philosoohy like 10 or 15 years ago. Sold some nice stuff at a good price, almost all of what i bought from him I still use, it was quality stuff

He eventually got more and more expensive and now i havent bought anything from him in years. When i asked about a reel a few years ago and told him i didnt wanna drop 300 (all i wanted was another spool which he didnt have) he started preaching to me about how what he had was better than others, etc

Maybe its harder than it looks to sell gear at a reasonable price, maybe folks just get greedy after a while, who knows. Its ironic for sure!

And unless I missed it, they say they have a warranty, but no mention of how long.

It may not matter though. Even if it's for "life", I just don't see the company's life as being all that long.

Lots of slick marketing talk, with little substance or relationship to reality behind it.

timmyt2 wrote:

But it's stylish!

Sorry, but style will never factor into my decision about which waders to buy. Nor will it probably for any sane person.

redietz wrote:
timmyt2 wrote:

But it's stylish!

Sorry, but style will never factor into my decision about which waders to buy. Nor will it probably for any sane person.

In my opinion, well fitting usually equals what many would call “stylish”. In that case, I will gladly pay more for stylish waders. Nothing is worse than fishing a 12 hour day in waders or boots that are not well fitted. There are many pieces of gear that I will skimp on but not waders or boots.

I’ve seen their products around various YouTube channels for a few years now. Some local PA channels. Unclear if they’re sponsoring, or guys have just bought them.

From what I’ve gathered the quality is relatively high, but it darn well should be at those price points. I haven’t found myself motivated enough to try them yet when there are proven waders out there from more established companies, for less money. In some cases, far less money.

Looks like knockoff simms g4z waders to me... I'd go with the real deal

Buddy of mine had a pair three or four years back that leaked right away, he was not pleased with them. Maybe their quality has improved throughout the years.

If I am gonna spend 500 on waders i would buy from a company with a good guarantee like Patagonia

Waders made in China. That is not an automatic negative if they have adequate agent representation to assure quality and availability. It does lead you to wonder how a warranty repair would be accomplished. And they do seem to be trying to differentiate themselves via their "stylish" angle. How that applies to waders is not clear to me, at least in relation to the Patagonia or Orvis offerings at similar price points. They don't seem that different.

I wish them well as I am 100% behind entrepreneurship, even if it is mainly an effort in trade and marketing vs. manufacturing.

Waders made in china are absolutely an automatic negative especially if you arent even saving any money. Heck, i would spend more to buy something that was made here versus in China

timmyt2 wrote:
Waders made in china are absolutely an automatic negative especially if you arent even saving any money. Heck, i would spend more to buy something that was made here versus in China

Unless you are wearing the Danner/Patagonia boots then your wading boots are not made in the USA.

Patagonia and many other high end textile manufacturers have their stitching done overseas not because of the cheap labor, though I’m sure that helps, but rather because they are much better than the USA at it. USA factories are not capable of doing a lot of the intricate stitching found in many high end garments.

I agree with you though that buying American is the right thing to do and I try to when I can.

A good article explaining why Patagonia is not 100% USA made. https://www.patagonia.com/static/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-PatagoniaShared/default/dw29ab8345/PDF-US/Made_in_China_EN.pdf

Stylish and waders in the same sentence means "stay-away" to me!!

Tight waders means seam stress when doing anything other than walking. Kneeling or crouching is a pain and seam leaks start shortly thereafter if you do it constantly.

The stylish look I am after is in waders "early hobo", with a load...

I am sure this shop fits the needs of some anglers. Personally the 2 shops that fit my needs is: Uncle Joe's Woodshed, Lock Haven and Blue Heron Sports, Milton. 2 little hidden gems and a Uncle Joe's in Altoona! Really nice thing about Lock Haven is "take a women with you". Texas Restaurant for a big breakfast or a bundle of "Texas Dogs". Up the road to Uncle Joe's. I will guarantee the women will be glad they came along. Best thing, they will want to come back! {means we fish again.} Looking for a really nice gift! Look no further!

Blue Heron, Arrowhead or Marlins for lunch, then the Heron for your fishing needs. Kids in sports---Heron has it! Then to make all happy, a quick stroll across parking lot to buy some "Great Steaks".

Pa. Great Outdoors! Come indoor and then outdoor! Got to love it!

Maxima12

Back