New to fly fishing looking for a friend in Pottstown

L

loneflyman

Just started fly fishing not too long ago after I swore I would never do it. Long story short just looking for someone to go out and fish with me on the Manatawny and mentor me to become at fly fishing.

Welcome to the sport and PAFF.

Thank and fly fishing has taught me more about the art of fishing and taught me how to conserve our habit and trout. I am looking forward to learning more about this art (yes, art not sport) Joan Wuff is my inspiration.

I disagree. Art's interaction with the environment is one-sided. A sport always involves an opponent, such as are trout. But, it is all good.

There is a "newbie jam" being planned for March 15 in Allentown. Keep checking the events and meetups forum for details.

Welcome to the jungle.

You've already been pointed to the Newbie Jam. The amount of knowledge you can pick up there is incredible and you will meet some great folks. The day is split between indoor and on-stream instruction.

If you are still looking to purchase at that time, I can let you try a couple of my rods, including the Bean I mentioned in the other post response.

Thanks guys! I will try to make it out! Hectic work schedule has been dampering my ability to have some free time. I have watched a lot of your guys jamboree on youtube and you all look like nice folks with great knowledge.

loneflyman wrote:
Just started fly fishing not too long ago after I swore I would never do it. Long story short just looking for someone to go out and fish with me on the Manatawny and mentor me to become at fly fishing.
Come to the Perkiomen valley T U Meeting next Tuesday at 700 and identify yourself as looking for help with fly fishing. I'm sure one of our members will be glad to help.
If you need directions let me know, we have a speaker making a presentation about Fishing in Yellowstone.

2nd Chaz's thread. Plenty of guys at PVTU are always will to share experience and guidance on area streams. If you can try and make the Feb 18th meeting.

Back