New Quarter

albatross

albatross

Check out the new 2007 Washington State Quarter!

Ok, but without peeking..what kind of fish is that?

Hint..I can't believe Idaho put a falcon on its quarter...

I believe the Washington state fish is a steelhead. That's my guess.

I think it is a male rainbow, but I guess it could be some type of salmon.

I don't know, but aren't the fins a little undersized?

Gee, people, don't ya' know the leaping; "Touristscomegetus" species of trout, when ya' see one? (and a male, by the look of the eyes?!)
And, yes.............. after nearly 20 years of living in Idaho, I was also disappointed, Tomgamber, that all they could come up with was a BIRD? However, it IS better than them putting the POTATO on their coin, which.................knowing Idaho, I'm SURE they thought about it!?!

Looks kind of like a chinook.

Anyway, its a king salmon..as in king county, Wa, like the King sisters who used to own the Seattle tv station KING and sold it and all if King Broadcasting so they could send their millions to protect the spotted owl...crazy old bitties. anyway, It is one of the nicer quarters and since it is a salmon, I really wish Idaho had put a trout on theirs instead of a Peregrine Falcon. Really makes me crave some good gravlax . Interesting though that the evergreens on the Evergreen state's quarter are so small compared to the fish...oh well...later.

Looks like a brown stuffed full of potatoes.

Dear Board,

I was hoping it was the new Arkansas quarter?

I'll e-mail a copy to anyone who asks for it, it's not for publication on this website!

Farmer Dave still has his copy I'll bet! :-D

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

P.S. Yo Rolf, I figure that fish is jumping because you fell in again and scared the crap out of him! :-D

I could use a laugh, tim. PM it over at your convenience!

Salmon Fellows.... BTW, Go Michigan!!!

I have one of those.
Yeah the fins are understated. Looks like Sal's abnormal large tailed brown.

Here's how I estimated the length of the fish. The quater is .7543 inches, I divided that by 1.876 then added a hint or oregano multiplied the square of my monitor pixel size by................

Spector,

For a fly fisherman, you certainly do bait a hell of a lot.

:roll:

Back