EyeAmShaf

EyeAmShaf

Hey there! New member here from SWPA in Latrobe, Pa I am new to fly fishing with this being my 2nd year doing it and really enjoying it. I am always learning and looking forward to gain more knowledge from the people with more experience here! I am always down to fish anywhere with anyone as well! My son enjoys fishing as well! I am looking forward to sparking up conversations here!

Another Yinzer in the fold

Hi from the Saltsburg / Slickville area.

Welcome aboard.

Can you settle the debate, is it pronounced Lay trobe, or La trobe? 😊

(My wife lived just across the street from Mr. Rogers in Pittsburgh but she never asked him.)

Welcome aboard.

Can you settle the debate, is it pronounced Lay trobe, or La trobe? 😊

(My wife lived just across the street from Mr. Rogers in Pittsburgh but she never asked him.)
Hahaha that debate! well I pronounce it La trobe :) but most people around here say Lay trobe!

I've adjusted my pronunciation to LAY-trobe due to regional phonology.

Welcome aboard. GG

Welcome to the site from a born and bred central NYer. I've been tying fles for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for the past 14 years. If you'd like to learn new things, try joining one of my swaps! Swaps are a great way for a beginner to learn how to tie (other effective ways to learn are taking a tying class and sitting down with an experienced tyer and tying). All my swaps are open to all level tyers - from someone JUST getting their first tying kit to old farts like me! Check ouit some of the swaps I've already offered here if you'd like. Any questions just feel free to ask me - I'm retired and check this site daily - I gotta keep busy enough so I don't find my face on the post office walls!

Either way I do look forward to seeing your future posts!

Kim

I'm a little late to the party and just seeing this but...Welcome from nearby Blairsville! This is my third year on the fly so I'm pretty much in the same boat. Do much fishing on the Loyalhanna?

I'm a little late to the party and just seeing this but...Welcome from nearby Blairsville! This is my third year on the fly so I'm pretty much in the same boat. Do much fishing on the Loyalhanna?
I tend to visit the Loyalhanna a lot since it’s close by! I also like Mill Creek and I’ll hit up Indian Creek up in Champion at times! Where do you like to fish?

I tend to visit the Loyalhanna a lot since it’s close by! I also like Mill Creek and I’ll hit up Indian Creek up in Champion at times! Where do you like to fish?
I tend to as well since it's fairly close for me. Although I feel like the DHALO section sees so much pressure anymore that I pass it by anymore. I've been fishing Mill a bunch this year and Linn Run once. Haven't made it to Indian Creek yet but it's on my list. I'll fish Yellow Creek and Two Lick on the other side of me heading toward Indiana.

I tend to as well since it's fairly close for me. Although I feel like the DHALO section sees so much pressure anymore that I pass it by anymore. I've been fishing Mill a bunch this year and Linn Run once. Haven't made it to Indian Creek yet but it's on my list. I'll fish Yellow Creek and Two Lick on the other side of me heading toward Indiana.
Yeah DHaLo is always busy! I tend to drive by anymore! I want to get up to Linn Run soon! We shall see though Little League just started up for my son so I’ll be busy for awhile!

Back