New Look to 2024 PFBC Stocking Schedule??

Bamboozle

Bamboozle

Unless it's my browser or something else, there is a completely new look to the PFBC Stocking Schedule for 2024.

There isn't any 2024 data yet, but it seems a LITTLE easier to navigate.

Yeah, that's sexy looking if it works!

It works if you plug in 2023 dates...
Thanks, that did work. I hope that means when 2024 data is entered it will continue to work.

I would honestly say it's an improvement visually, functionally.

It seems easier to me...

All that matters to me is that they kept the section number info, the coordinates and the filters.

It's funny but the thing I use the schedule for the most to find out where I CAN'T fish during the Closed Period, what days I want to AVOID the few Stocked Trout Waters I fish, (BECAUSE they stocked) and to help identify stream sections...

A few years back the PFBC network had been hacked and was unavailable for some time. Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the change.

It seems easier to me...

All that matters to me is that they kept the section number info, the coordinates and the filters.

It's funny but the thing I use the schedule for the most to find out where I CAN'T fish during the Closed Period, what days I want to AVOID the few Stocked Trout Waters I fish, (BECAUSE they stocked) and to help identify stream sections...
😂

Great, now I know what streams to avoid any given day of the week!

stocking on top of brookies big time
I don’t know whether it’s “big time” or not, but some of that could probably be alleviated by removing low use streams from the stocking program. Not only could those stocked fish be redistributed to locales and waters where they would be better utilized or even needed, but the potentially extended period during which competition might occur between stocked and wild fish in streams where angler use and harvest is low would be eliminated. The opening day angler use (counts) that the angling public paid for already exist for a large number of stream sections.

...some of that could probably be alleviated by removing low use streams from the stocking program. Not only could those stocked fish be redistributed to locales and waters where they would be better utilized or even needed, but the potentially extended period during which competition might occur between stocked and wild fish in streams where angler use and harvest is low would be eliminated. The opening day angler use (counts) that the angling public paid for already exist for a large number of stream sections.

This has nothing to do with brookies but possibly wild browns...

The PFBC does stock more than a few sections a single time pre-season that see low use except EXTREMELY locally that doesn't last much beyond Opening Day. In addition these are hardly in an area with a lack of other stocked & wild opportunities.

Section 2 of Laurel Run in Lehigh County and Section 2 the Little Lehigh Creek in Berks are two that immediately come to mind.

It’s a Govt agency. They just don’t pay top dollar programers.

Back