New line time - question about SA XPS

trowpa

trowpa

I am currently using SA Master XPS DT (4wt) and I have been pleased with it - but it has finally worn out and I'm looking to replace it. I'll probably go with the same line (if it works don't fix it) however I noticed the xps lines now come with a "welded loop".

Currently I nail knot a short length of stiff mono to the line and then put a perfection loop at the end of that stiff mono for ease of leader changes. Does anyone have any experience with these welded loops?

1. Are they small enough to pass through guides easily?
2. Do they come on the DT as well as the WF? lines? (if on DT i assume there would be loops on both ends of the line?)

I suppose if i don't like the loop I can just cut it off and use my normal method, but if the loops work well -I'm curious if they come on the DT so I can try it.

Interested in anyone's experiences...

trowpa wrote:
I am currently using SA Master XPS DT (4wt) and I have been pleased with it - but it has finally worn out and I'm looking to replace it. I'll probably go with the same line (if it works don't fix it) however I noticed the xps lines now come with a "welded loop".

Currently I nail knot a short length of stiff mono to the line and then put a perfection loop at the end of that stiff mono for ease of leader changes. Does anyone have any experience with these welded loops?

1. Are they small enough to pass through guides easily?
2. Do they come on the DT as well as the WF? lines? (if on DT i assume there would be loops on both ends of the line?)

I suppose if i don't like the loop I can just cut it off and use my normal method, but if the loops work well -I'm curious if they come on the DT so I can try it.

Interested in anyone's experiences...

Never used a DT version, but the loops are nice. They do pass through guides easily, and they are strong.

I currently have a problem with my Rio line's loop, though. At the end of the reinforced part of the loop, the line is kinked to the point that it's nearly cut through. I contacted Rio, and they are willing to repair or replace it. The problem is that I could probably redo the loop myself, just as easy. I'm probably going to send it off in hopes of getting a new line.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6857&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Back