New host server?

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Dave,

I guess the new host server is up. The site loads as fast as I've ever seen, at least a 5:14am. Great job. Thanks.

Note: The time stamp seems to be off by +3hours. In my profile, mine is set at Eastern time.

We're flying! Dave, Thanks for all the work! I also notice that the time stamp is off. I'll have to do math this early in the morning? :)

Must have went smoothly (which projects like this never seem to do) or a late night.
Thanks Dave!

Yes I was able to make the switch to a new hosting provider last night. all seems to go well.

The time is working fine with my settings and I made no changes. Try making sure you have the correct zone set from you "Edit Account" in your User Menu on the left.

Dave

Dave,
My time is ok, but the time stamp for messages seems off. The note you just posted shows a 10:45 time.

Dave,

A big thanks for the successful move. The site seems very responsive!

I checked my time settings in my profile and they were off by one hour. I seem to have some recollection of setting it purposely off to result in the display of the proper time.

Setting my account for Pacific Time (GMT-8) right now results in display of the correct time for all posts.

Looks like it is corrected now.

Yep, looks good...and if that is the biggest problem!

Great job...even the photo pages are flyin'!

Thanks again!

Back to GMT -5 for me. Thanks Dave.

I can't get over the speed. You can just zoom from one forum to the next!

Dave,

Minor issue...
The edit feature is not avaible to me for my posts when I go back to them.

Although, this part is an edit...Is there a time limit on going back to edit?

David,

Still should be 60 minutes. Please try it out and see if this seems correct.

Dave

Yep, Dave... It is an hour. Time must be flying for me having so much fun with the new found speed!!!

Now that we have a fast server, is it possible to show more posts per page like we used to? Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was lowered to save bandwidth.

I was away for the weekend and forgot about the upgrade. Fast! Good stuff Dave!

Let me check and see about that request. I want to get past the first week and make sure all is well and then tackle some changes after that. thanks for the feedback.

Dave

Thanks for the change. Like you said no surprises except for the speed, which is very welcomed. Anyone that's been away from the site wouldn't notice any changes on the site itself. Again thanks.

Back