New Guy

Char_Master

Char_Master

Hello, everyone. I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sean and I'm from the Pittsburgh area. Fishing is one of my passions and fly fishing has been my favorite style of fishing ever since I started a few years ago after learning from my Pap. I fish for pretty much anything that will bite and love targeting all species on all tackle but the Char species are definitely my favorite because of the amazing strength and stamina they display during a fight. I fish for wild Brooks on dry flies several times a year up in Potter County and I troll with my boat on Lake Erie for Lake Trout/Char among other species during the Spring and Fall. Outside of Char, I also do a bit of local stocked trout, open water steelhead/brown trout, smallmouth and largemouth bass, white bass, yellow and white perch, walleye, northern pike, muskellunge, catfish, gar, suckers, buffalo, carp, freshwater drum, and honestly anything that can be caught on a hook all over the state. While I fish Lake Erie many times each year (17 weekends in 2015) because we have cottage and boat docked up there, I haven't been fly fishing as much as I've wanted to in the past year or so which is one of the reasons I decided to sign up here. I'm hoping that through all of the intelligent people here that I gain some more knowledge of the sport and learn some new spots since my Pap has passed. Anyway, that's my intro and hopefully I'll see you guys around the site.

On a side note, I was thinking about hitting some creeks some time this weekend, would anyone happen to know of any wild trout streams in the SW PA area that are known for producing this time of year? I've never really done much wild trout fishing this far south however I heard from someone that there are a few good waters in the laurel highlands area. I'd prefer native Brookies, but being the end of January I'd be ecstatic to catch any species. Thanks for the help!

-Sean

Welcome Sean, You seem to be a very experienced angler but you'll be amazed by the amount of help and information that you will find on this site.

Hi Char...I can give you some insight on wild streams if you would like to PM me. I don't like to talk about any even if they're known on the open forum.

Also, let me know when you go to Potter, I live in Mckean and love fishing Potter

Thanks for the welcome, guys! pabrookie94, I sent you a PM.

Welcome char.

GenCon

Welcome from Maryland. Great forum to learn from. :-D

Welcome aboard. GG

Welcome.

What part of Pittsburgh are you from?

Steveo27, I'm from the North Hills area.

Back