New Gatti 8' 6" #5

wbranch

wbranch

Custom Gatti never fished 8' 6" #5 3 piece. Bellinger up lock nickel silver reel seat with black ash burl wood spacer. Western style cork, nickel silver winding check, Fuji stripper, TiN snake guides. Medium fast action dry fly rod. Cloth sack but no tube. $225 ship anywhere for postage. Will deliver within 20 miles of York.

Attachments

• 20220710_124312.jpg
    20220710_124312.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220710_124226.jpg
    20220710_124226.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220710_124221.jpg
    20220710_124221.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220710_124307.jpg
    20220710_124307.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 58
$200

I have several Gatti rods, from 3 to 5 wts. I've casted a bunch more, at the old FAOL FishIns. They are remarkable, even by todays standards of ultrafast GenXYZ nano-whatever graphites, of tracking better and tighter than ANY of the other thousands of rods that I have cast and ffished. If you like to ffish dry, need to defeat windy conditions and desire the highest degree of accuracy and placement, Gattis need to be in your quiver.

I have several Gatti rods, from 3 to 5 wts. I've casted a bunch more, at the old FAOL FishIns. They are remarkable, even by todays standards of ultrafast GenXYZ nano-whatever graphites, of tracking better and tighter than ANY of the other thousands of rods that I have cast and ffished. If you like to ffish dry, need to defeat windy conditions and desire the highest degree of accuracy and placement, Gattis need to be in your quiver.
It appears you may be the only Forum member who knows the quality of the Gatti rods.

Is this rod still available? I am looking to find something more suitable for fishing Penn's Creek. I currently fish a Fenwick Iron Feather 8 foot, 5 weight and can't quite get the distance I want. I am kind of torn as it seems a bit too close to what I already have, but I also think I would like fishing 8'5" better than a 9. On the other hand, I would also like having something I could fish out west in the future. Would I be outgunned on the bigger western rivers with this rod? I have a St. Croix 9' 7-wt. that I fish for bass and steelhead.
Any advice you could provide would be great. It is a gorgeous rod!

Yes, the rod is still available.

Know this is an older post but just checking to see if this Gatti rod is still available ?

Know this is an older post but just checking to see if this Gatti rod is still available ?
I sold the #7 last week. I still have a 2 piece #8 custom built Gatti.

That rod will easily handle going one line weigh lighter. The rod I sold was a factory rod. This one is a custom I built for myself. I already had so many rods that I used it less than half a dozen times and put it away. It has it's own Gatti cloth bag and aluminum rod tube. If you send me your email address I can send pictures.

It has a Full Wells cork grip, Struble aluminum reel seat with fixed 1.5" fighting butt. Fuji SIC stripper guides and Fuji single foot running guides. It has graphite color wraps and I think there is silver tipping wraps at the ferrule. A perfect steelhead or smallmouth bass rod. Or an ideal big trout streamer rod. The Fuji running guides allow the line to shoot through the guides effortlessly.

Yes, this rod is still available. I can see it in the corner looking for a home with someone who enjoys the finer things and fishes dries & nymphs (no BB's) #10 - #24.

Gatti makes a nice fly rod. Just not as well known as other companies.

Gatti makes a nice fly rod. Just not as well known as other companies.
At one time I sold blanks ans factory rods as well as building custom rods per buyers desires. I wound up building probably ten for myself. At just a few months shy of 80 I would like to cut back on my personal rods.

Back