New Fly Vise

attackone

attackone

thinking about gettin a new vise and i think i have ait narrowed down to two either a danica danvise or the Zephr's EZ Rotary Vise and suggestions on either one

attackone wrote:
thinking about gettin a new vise and i think i have ait narrowed down to two either a danica danvise or the Zephr's EZ Rotary Vise and suggestions on either one

I have the danica danvise and I like it. Good value for the money. However the jaws are a little soft and get dinged up. I have had mine for 4 or 5 years now and for what I paid for it, 80 bucks it has served me well. I also use it often - 2 or 3 nights a week.

I have a Danvise I've used for several years with the jaws angled as standard. A couple years agoI modified it so the jaws are straight and now use it for Clousers and longer saltwater flies.

When my time came, it was between the Danvise and the Griffin Odyessy Spider at $80, as well.

I opted for the Griffin. It looks cheap, like it was constructed from the same sort of weird little metal bits that old metal bowls (for, y'know, "tobacco use only") were made from, but it looked a little nicer than the space-age polymers used in the Danvise.

I just received my new HMH standard last week, and I truly feel like it will be the last vice I'll own. It is solid, smooth, accepts a ton of hooks with the omni jaw, etc. I could go on forever, but I am really happy with it.

Danvise would be ok if they case hardened the jaws.

so i went ahead and just place a order for the danica danvise after all of the reviews i have read it seems like it will do great, thanks for all of the help

Back