New Fly Recipe Website

joemathis

joemathis

Hi Everyone!

A new recipe site has launched! It's called Fly Recipes [dot] com (www.flyrecipes.com)

Yeah, it's my personal site and this is a shamless self promotion, but I'm not selling anything or otherwise trying to trick anyone. I just love fly tying and I think I've put together a pretty cool site starting out with over 800 recipes with another 1,250 cataloged and to be online by end of summer. I've built a filtering system using over 100 tags to help you find you pattern quickly.

Come look around, tie a fly, upload a fly, tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Joe

Wow, Great job with the site! That should keep me busy this winter and help me spend my money on new materials!

joemathis --

Hi. Your new Website looks good; I like the Home Made Device; looks like a real fish catcher.

Looking forward to more content (and maybe a slightly faster server?)

;p-)

-- ron P.

ronP,

Thansk for visititing and your kind words. The Home Made Device is pretty cool; it was added by one of the sites users.

I am working on the slow server thing now. I never expected the response I am getting to the site which boggs it down at times. I'm working to get it on a faster host but, it's all about $$. I'll get it there soon so folks don't get to frustrated.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Not telling you how to run your site by any means, becuase I think it is top notch. However, I would like to see a fly tying website that allows its users to search by tying material.

I don't know if it is possible, and I'm sure it is extensive, unless there is a shortcut when the infor about the fly pattern is entered.

I just like how you can search for fly patterns with all of the categories/filters you already have, but I personally would like to see the material filter added. I'm just think of the times when I'm sitting at my desk and have a new material and are limited on new ideas.

I plan on registering once the school year starts and things start settling down for me.

MKern,

Thanks for the the compliments, I really appreciate it.

You can search by material now using the "Quick Search" feature on the left. Whenyou click on Quick Search a search box opens that say 'type stuff, hit enter'. This will search all fields in the database including all material and body part fields.

I have not pushed it for a material search because it is an 'And' search instead of an 'Any' so multiple words don't do well and are 100% dependent on how the user uploads the data.

I am working on it but it will take a bit of time.

Thanks for visiting,

Joe

Thanks Joe, it looks great!!!

Back