New fishing buddy found his sea legs...... Kramer 2.0 ??

krayfish2

krayfish2

After the loss of my old pup Kramer, I had kicked around the idea of getting another dog so that my current pup (Cody) was home alone. I resigned to the idea that I was done with puppies.....until March 6th of this year when I picked up this little fella.

He grew quickly as my start of fishing season closed in. I wasn't sure if the little guy would be big enough to handle a day in the boat and EVERYONE warned me not to try it until he was older.

After finding a preserver small enough, we gave it a go this past weekend to see how it would go.

I met moon1984 up on the Delaware and we set out for a little 14 mile test run....yeah, I'm horrible for doing that to the pup on his first trip in a boat. He watched the ducks, geese, river chickens and the bugs flying around. His comfort level was amazing as he slept everywhere in the boat including the net. I prepared Mike for a nightmare but it went great. Hopefully the pups behavior stays the same as he gets a little older. We also had some decent fallfish action.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
My daughter thought the pics of the dog in the life vest and in the net were hilarious!

Brittanys are the best! Enjoy your new fishing buddy.

That's awesome! Nothing better than a great guide dog!!

My fishing buddy is a McNab Cattledog, a west coast breed. This guy is very clingy and has two special spots in the Drift Boat. One is up under the front seat on the front decking and the other is under me as I row. I do need to have a jacket on him if its wet and cold. While he doesn't seem to mind it he does shiver a little here and there. Brittanies are such special pooches.

Back