New Favicon and No Avatars

albatross

albatross

Dave,

I assume you are tweaking the site settings or perhaps upgrading some of the site software. I noticed the Favicon has changed from the old housefly to a nice Catskill style dry. I also noticed all the avatars have disappeared.

Albatross,

Funny the old house fly was supposed to be a caddis fly. :) This is way I have started changing the favicon to something a little more in the direction of the new logo and things.

I did not change anything with the avatars? So look a little more closely.

I can see avatars in IE but not Firefox. I had no trouble in Firefox till I saw the Favicon change, but I suppose it could be my add blocking software. We'll see if anyone else has trouble.

I use FF and the housefly is still there; avatars too. All normal to me. HTH.

I'm using FF and have no problems viewing anything

Can somebody copy and paste the new favicon? My favicon picker didn't switch, so I still have the old one. Thanks.

Boyer

I just upgraded to FireFox 3.6, but I still can't see avatars. Tried disabling AdBlockPlus, but to no avail. I just have to switch to IE8 to see all of your smiling avatars.

tools/options/content (tab) is load pictures automatically checked?

I opened the site using IE and the housefly is still there. Very strange. Thinking back, I upgraded FF to the latest version a day or two ago and the new favicon appeared.

This happened the last time I changed Favicons. I think the answers was to clear the caches in whatever browsers you use.

Not sure about the Avatar issue. Sound like a firefox thing maybe. Other than the Favicon change no new updates to the site. Favicons and Avatars are very much unrelated.

Albie, you did try to check the "View Mode" at the top of the thread. If it is viewing as "Compact" you see no avatars. Although if it is it won't be listed as a choice. Try changing the view mode.

Mo,

You Da Man! Thanks o great and wonderful Mod!

I must have accidentally changed the view mode. I'm all fixed now.

Back