New Drive-By Truckers Album & Song

raftman

raftman

Anyone else on here dig the Truckers? Just saw this write up about their new album, American Band, and a new track, "Surrender Under Protest". I can't stop listening to that song. Another great one by Cooley.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/21/482780892/songs-we-love-drive-by-truckers-surrender-under-protest

I liked the album "Southern Rock Opera" and specifically "Let There Be Rock". I haven't listened to much of their music since then.

Wasn't Jason Isbell in that band?

He was, for Decoration Day (my favorite record of theirs), Dirty South (really great), and A Blessing & A Curse (has some good songs... Gravity's Gone is genius song writing).

He left for a solo career (pretty successful) after Blessing. The albums post-Isbell that are the best, in my opinion, are English Oceans and Brighter Than Creations Dark. Great stuff on those records.

I'll check out those albums. Thanks for the recommendations.

I love the Truckers! I even have a DBT trucker hat that I wear fishing. Seen them and Jason many times live. English Oceans was a good album after two prior terrible ones IMO. I loved all of their early albums up to Brighter Than Creations Dark. Southern Rock Opera and Dirty South are my favs.

Hellyeah.

I wasnt the biggest fan of English Oceans, but Im looking forward to the new one.

Steveo - I dug English Oceans more than the previous two (Big To Do, Go Go Boots), but yeah, it's not one that I go back to all the time (though First Air of Autumn and Natural Light are KILLER tunes).

If the rest of the record sounds anything like Surrender Under Protest, then I think this new one is going to be one of their best. Either way, it's bound to rock.

Decoration Day is, in my opinion, one of the best rock and roll albums ever. Love that record.

First Air of Autumn is my favorite song on that album.

Decoration Day is such a perfect album. I could listen to it on repeat all day.

ANd speaking of Jason Isbell, I really did his solo stuff

Steveo, we should probably get together and fish and listen to music at some point. You've got great taste (similar to mine! :) ).

For sure dude. I could talk for hours about music to anyone with similar tastes in music.

Back