New Creation with no name

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

not sure if this fly has been tied before. It is just 2 biot fibers, red vinyl rib, peacock, 2 more biot fibers, and a 7/64 bead head. The fly has been weighted with lead wire that also adds thickness to the body and thorax. I used brown thread but I am sure that black would do just fine. This one shown is a size 8 but i will be whipping up some smaller versions today at lunch. I will let you know how they work out.

Looking at the blown up picture i see the vinyl rib got caught on the lead wire. I know that red is a key color with trout in low light so i am excited to see if this thing works. :)

Attachments

• new tie.jpg
    new tie.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 16
i will be tying up the size 12 and 14 versions. I think the size 14 shoud crush them on the first day but we will see. I am thinking this would make a decent dropper on the small fly. Maybe throw a BHPT or BHHE for the point fly.

Can you guy tell i like bead heads. LOL at least for the stockies and early season. They sit in the box at low level time......Oh wait the streams are at low level. What am i going to do with all of beadheads i tied...80 or so. LOL

Mike, let me know how this does on the first fork. thanks

Mike, I'll show you what I tied up recently when I run into you up there. I always catch trout and steelhead on this this pattern. Red is in this fly also.

Back