Netstaff

Arminacast

Arminacast

So, I've been looking for a steelhead/ salmon net for some time now and I read on another site about a "netstaff". I did a search and found their web site, they are going to be "closing their doors" at the end of 2020.
I ordered one of the steelhead /salmon nets at 60% off the regular price. Does anyone have any experience with these nets? It seems that it would be a good "fit" for me since it is easily carried and combines two tools in one.

Interesting design.

Are the instructions saying to glue the gear Dock to your garment if no d-ring?

I have modified my wading staff to function as a long handled net and have also modified a big muskie net to fit on my vest clip so I can carry it on my back when wading.

Anyway, I think I'm familiar with the design you have described and although I have only seen guys using the trout sized net version, it does seem to work well and folks seem happy with 'em.

The only minor drawback I can see is the handle at the end of the net loop might make it clumsy to try to net a fish in shallow water (unless the handle comes off easily?)

I received the netstaff the day before thanksgiving. After reading the instructions and examining the net, I decided to follow the manufacture s recommendations on installing the geardock. I did glue the holder to my fishing vest and it seems quite solid. My initial thoughts are that it feels a little heavy, at two pounds it is quite a bit heavier than my measure net at 8 oz. My present net and staff together weigh approx. 1 1/2 pounds. It is well made ( although made in China) and I believe will function as advertised. I do think a better idea would have been to have a folding or removable handle at the net hoop ( I may modify this in the future). Also the net depth seems a little small at 22 inches, it may work fine for steelhead but I don't know about salmon. I plan on using it as is for a few outings before I consider any changes. I will post again after I have more experience with it.

Back