Net Keeper - Net Release

salmo

salmo

I have a vintage Brodin Net which is over 30 years old. It was one of the smaller models at the time. I need a new Net Keeper - Net Release. I'm looking at the Fishpond Confluence. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Once again, all comments welcome whether sincere or not ;-)

I have the Fishpond magnet/tether. It works fine on my Fishpond net. I added paracord and a keyring to the net handle to make sure the clasp attaches better.

That's actually the one I'm looking at. Good idea on the para-cord. thanks.

One thing I should add, the magnet is strong. I've never had it pull loose on brush and have to purposefully pull to get it unhooked. That might be too much for the bow in a wooden net.

I have used a magnet system in the past but currently am using the gear keeper retractable system and I like it much better. I have the Orvis one, which is the largest I believe. There are smaller versions for less money but this size is perfect for my Brodin

I have the Fishpond magnet and it works great. The clasp makes me nervous. But so far so good,

The fishpond ones are good and as previously mentioned the magnet is very strong. A good less exspesnive alternative is on amazon , the magnet is not as strong but still good and a bit easier on the wallet.

I have almost never carried nets with me in the past, but after many years have finally decided to carry one this year. Here’s what I’ve come up with to enable me to carry the three different sized nets that I presently have when fishing in PA and MT this year.

I have the Gear Keeper net retractor which I’ll attach to the end of the net’s handle and to the back of my vest, sling or whatever I’ll be wearing. That retractor is quite rugged and heavy duty.

Second, I have the Fishpond magnet which I’ll attach one end of magnet near the top of my net, and attach the other part of the magnet to my wading belt. That will keep my net secure against my back, and I can quickly grasp the end of the net when needed to release the magnet and use the net. My wife has sewed the “O” ring on that end of the magnet to a circular piece of heavy duty suspender elastic that I can slip onto my wading belt. That magnet is never going to come off, and since it’ll be secured on my wading belt I can easily adjust its position, and can also give it a hard tug when needed without practically pulling my vest off or choking me as it might if I had it attached near the top of my vest.

Back